Fort Collins Municipal Court FAQ's
Credit Card Payments
Effective March 24, 2014, the Fort Collins Municipal Court will no longer accept routine payments by phone. Payments can be made either on-line at http://www.fcgov.com/tickets-fines/ , mailed to P.O. Box 580, Fort Collins, CO 80522-0580 or in person at 215 N. Mason St., Fort Collins, CO during business hours. For your convenience, there is a drop box in the north parking lot at 215 N. Mason St.
A $35.00 Court Cost is added on all open cases on the scheduled Arraignment Date. Cases that are eligible for early payment and are paid before the Court date will not be assessed the $35.00 Court Cost.
Location: City of Fort Collins Administration Building, 215 N. Mason St, 1st floor, Fort Collins, CO
Mailing Address: PO Box 580, Fort Collins, CO 80522-0580
General Numbers and E-mail:
General Caseload: 970-221-6800
Camera Radar/Red Light Violations: 970-221-6767
Fax number: 970-416-2162
Website: fcgov.com/municipalcourt On-line payments: fcgov.com/municipalcourt/payment
Normal Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; closed 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. daily and all Holidays
The Fort Collins Municipal Court is responsible for administering the operations of the judicial branch of City government according to the ordinances adopted by City Council. Cases adjudicated in Municipal Court include traffic violations, misdemeanors, and civil infractions. Generally, cases are brought to Municipal Court by Fort Collins Police Services (FCPS), Colorado State University Police Department (CSUPD), Larimer Humane Society, and other City departments. For information relating to tickets issued outside of the city limits or issued by an officer from the Larimer County Sheriff’s Department, or Colorado State Patrol, please call the Combined Clerks’ Office at the Larimer County Justice Center at 970-494-3500.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lost Your Ticket?
Please contact the issuing agency (FCPS 970-221-6540, CSUPD 970-491-1160) or please wait 10 days after receiving the ticket and contact the Municipal Court
- Charged with a “No Proof of Insurance” Violation?
If you are charged with a "No Insurance" violation and your insurance was valid, you may bring, send, or fax to the Court a letter from your insurance company (an insurance card is not sufficient) stating that the vehicle was insured on the date and time of the violation. Once the Court receives sufficient proof of insurance, the “No Insurance” violation will be dismissed. It is your responsibility to verify that the Court has received the proof and dismissed the “No Insurance” violation prior to your Court date.
- Need to Change Your Arraignment Date?
You may appear ahead of the scheduled date on the ticket without requesting a formal change of arraignment. We have arraignments on most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 8 am. If you need to postpone your date, you will need to make that request in person prior to your scheduled date.
- Required to Appear on Your Arraignment Date?
If you are charged with a "mandatory appearance" violation, you must appear in Court for arraignment.
- Your arraignment date is listed on the front of your ticket.
- You will have the opportunity that day to meet with a prosecutor and discuss a possible plea agreement.
- If you are given a "penalty assessment", you may pay the citation in full within 20 calendar days of the date of the violation in order to accept the early settlement and receive the reduction in points (if applicable).
- Payments (without the added court cost of $35) will be accepted up until the day before your arraignment date but the reduction in points will not apply after the 20 day period has passed.
- Need an Interpreter?
The Court is committed to complying with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Certified interpreters are available on request at no cost to defendants. Telephonic interpreters are always available. Spanish language interpreters are sometimes available in person. Please contact the Court if you need either of these services.
- Payment Information:
The Court accepts cash, checks (on most cases), Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- You may pay in person, through the mail, or at our on-line site.
- Please make checks or money orders payable to “FCMC”.
- For security reasons,DO NOT send cash through the mail.