Innovate Fort Collins
The City of Fort Collins is pleased to offer the Innovate Fort Collins Challenge, a competition that seeks proposals for innovative projects to help achieve the community’s ambitious Climate Action Plan goals. Participating businesses and organizations can explore new ideas or technology, leverage a financial award, and have an opportunity to showcase their project to a broader audience.
Complete the letter of intent form
Subscribe to the newsletter to get regular updates!
- Increased conservation, efficiency and renewable energy by city residents or businesses demonstrated by reduced energy use or increased alternative energy production;
- Increased use by city residents or businesses of alternative transportation options over traditional automobiles resulting in reduced vehicle trips / reduced single-occupant travel in the city, etc.; and
- Greater reduction, reuse and recycling of waste materials by city residents or businesses
- Clear alignment with targeted themes in application material;
- Clear articulation of project plan and schedule, budget, goals, metrics and data collection process;
- Clear linkage to greenhouse gas reductions;
- Primary project benefits within city limits; and
- Sufficient, credible and current insurance, licensing and other documentation, as appropriate.
Successful applicants will be eligible to receive financial awards ranging from $5,000 to $250,000 based on approved project plans and budget.
- Week of April 3rd: Competitive process launched
- April 28th: Letter of Intent due
- May 26th: Full application due (for invited applicants)
- June 28th: Pitch Night
- Awards will be announced in July 2017