Innovate Fort Collins
The City of Fort Collins is pleased to offer the Innovate Fort Collins Challenge, a competition that seeks proposals for innovative projects to help achieve the community’s ambitious Climate Action Plan goals. Participating businesses and organizations can explore new ideas or technology, leverage a financial award, and have an opportunity to showcase their project to a broader audience.
The Fort Collins community submitted 58 applications worth $5.5 million for the City’s first Innovate Fort Collins Challenge, which will fund projects capable of achieving carbon reductions in energy, transportation and waste materials.
April 28 was the deadline for submitting letters of intent for the Challenge, which will provide up to $250,000 to innovative projects that help the community reach its Climate Action goals.
Subscribe to the newsletter to get regular updates!
- Increased conservation, efficiency and renewable energy by city residents or businesses demonstrated by reduced energy use or increased alternative energy production;
- Increased use by city residents or businesses of alternative transportation options over traditional automobiles resulting in reduced vehicle trips / reduced single-occupant travel in the city, etc.; and
- Greater reduction, reuse and recycling of waste materials by city residents or businesses
- Clear alignment with targeted themes in application material;
- Clear articulation of project plan and schedule, budget, goals, metrics and data collection process;
- Clear linkage to greenhouse gas reductions;
- Primary project benefits within city limits; and
- Sufficient, credible and current insurance, licensing and other documentation, as appropriate.
Successful applicants will be eligible to receive financial awards ranging from $5,000 to $250,000 based on approved project plans and budget.
- Week of April 3rd: Competitive process launched
- April 28th: Letter of Intent due
- June 2nd: Full application due (for invited applicants)
- August 3rd: Pitch Night
- Awards will be announced in July 2017