Construction season is ramping up, including some major work in the Downtown area of Fort Collins. Do you live, work or play in Downtown? Here is some information on the various projects and schedules. Road closures, alternate routes and parking restrictions may cause traffic delays. Please allow a little extra time to reach your destination.
College Avenue Paving, Laporte to Mulberry
- May 15-June 15: work hours will be over night, 9:00 p.m.-7:00 a.m. Sunday-Thursday nights. All travel and parking lanes will be repaved.
Downtown Construction 2011
Linden Street Streetscape Project and Preliminary Utility Work
- February- early May: Water, sewer and storm water rehabilitation and construction project.
- May- November: New sidewalks, parking, bike lanes, pedestrian street lights, benches, bike racks, flower pots, curb and gutter, pavement from Jefferson Avenue to the Poudre River bridge.
Downtown Sidewalk Rehab
- Late March-mid May, late September – mid November (no construction during the height of summer): Improvements to eliminate hazards due to aging sidewalks.
Traffic Signal Improvement on College between Mulberry and Mountain
- Late March- mid May: Watch for work zones on College at Mountain Avenue, Olive Street, Magnolia Street and Mulberry Street. Upgrades for these four intersections include vehicle detection and pedestrian push buttons.
Laporte Avenue Reshaping between Howes and Wood Sts.
- April: Reduced the number of lanes from four to two, with a center turn lane to improve the area’s livability and address traffic concerns. Bike lanes and on street parking have been added.
Visit the Downtown Improvement webpage for a map of the construction projects, a construction timeline, or to sign up for the project e-newsletter
Thanks for your patience as we make these needed improvements!