Sales Tax update
April sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in March 2010.
- Sales Tax Collections:
- $5,412,789, an increase of 7.5 percent compared to April 2009. The April collections are $247,163 higher than the amount expected according to the sales tax seasonal patterns.
- Use Tax Collections:
- $685,338, an increase of 27.8 percent compared to April 2009. The City is below budget projections for the month by $84,948 when compared to historical data.
- National collections:
- April sales tax collections (from March retail sales) increased 8.2 percent compared to Fort Collins' increase of 7.5 percent.
Building permit collection: increased 5,329.1 percent
Residential Permits pulled:
- 32, compared to 17 in April 2009. Residential remodels: 73 permits. In April 2009 there were 57 remodel permits.
- Commercial Permits pulled:
- 0 permits for new construction, 13 for remodeling. In April 2009 zero permits were pulled for new construction, 19 permits for remodeling.
- Sales Tax License:
- 109 net new licenses were issued.