Sales Tax Update
- Sales Tax Revenue: September 2008 Total Sales Tax Collections = $5.8 million, an increase of 5.2% compared to September 2007. There were several one-time payments and exceptions in September 2008. Sales tax collections increased 2.9% when adjusted for the 2008 exceptions. The September collections are $430,000 higher than the amount expected according to the sales tax seasonal pattern.
- Use Tax Revenue: September 2008 Total Use Tax Collections = $740,000, a decrease of 11.3% compared to September 2007. The City is behind budget projections for the month by $242,000 when compared to historical data.
- Residential permits pulled: 88, 37 without remodels
- Commercial permits pulled: 17, 0 without remodels
- Residential permits pulled: 74, 25 without remodels
- Commercial permits pulled: 27, 7 without remodels
- Sales Tax license: 70 net new licenses were received in September.
For more in depth financial data, read the City’s monthly Financial Report.