City of Fort Collins Sales Tax Update
- Sales Tax Revenue: June 2008 Total Sales Tax Collections = $5,302,812 an increase of 2.2% over June 2007
- Use Tax Revenue: June 2008 Total Use Tax Collections = $814,219 a decrease of 15.8% from June 2007
NOTE: While combined sales and use tax collections have decreased 0.6% year-to-date compared to 2007, collection trends are on target and show modest, but positive growth.
- Residential Permits pulled: 133 including permits for remodel/additions, 73 not including remodel/additions. In June 2007, there were 116 permits including remodel/additions, 50 not including remodel/additions.
- Commercial Permits pulled: 35 including permits for remodel/additions, 3 not including remodel/additions. In June 2007 there were 22 permits including remodel/additions, 3 not including remodel/additions.
- Net new amount of sales tax permits: 101 net new sales tax licenses issued in June 2008.
For more in depth financial data, read the City’s monthly Financial Report.
Have a business related question?
Do you have feedback or story ideas for the newsletter? Email the City's Chief Financial Officer, Mike Freeman:
Visit the City of Fort Collins Doing Business page for related information.