• Large plastics such as Big Wheels® and plastic play structures, plastic lawn furniture, plastic watering cans, laundry baskets, clean plastic buckets (no residue), crates, rigid backyard kiddie pools and plastic trash containers.
• Must be the size of a five-gallon bucket or larger but must also be less than 4 feet by 4 feet (can be cut to meet these dimensions).
• In some cases, these plastics may not be marked with a #2, so look for them to be opaque with a matte finish and hollow inside. They are made with a mold, so will likely have a seam where two halves were joined.
• Non-plastic parts must be removed, including straps, padding and fabric. Items requiring disassembly will be charged a $5 fee.
• NO flower pots without a #2, inflatable pools or other inflatable plastics, water beds, chew toys, CD jewel cases, small toys such as action figures, etc.
City of Loveland Recycling Center
400 N Wilson Ave., Loveland
The Loveland Recycling Center accepts a wide variety of materials, including #1-#7 plastic tubs, waste cooking oil, scrap metals, and other hard to recycle items including hard backed books, porcelain toilets and sinks (remove all hardware). Fort Collins residents should expect to pay a fee to drop off yard and wood waste. Electronics (TVs, computers, monitors, etc.) require a small fee. Batteries are free.
Loveland residents must present a current yard debris permit to drop off yard/wood debris. To obtain a permit, call the Solid Waste Division at 970-962-2529 or stop by the office at 105 W. Fifth St.
Eco-Cycle CHaRM (Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials)
6400 Arapahoe Rd, Boulder
Accepts electronics, appliances, #6 white block foam, plastic bags, bubble wrap, mattresses, yoga mats, cooking oil, bicycles, clean porcelain toilets and sinks, plate glass windows, scrap metal and more for recycling and reuse. See website for a full list of materials.
There is a $3 facility fee for all vehicles entering the CHaRM to recycle hard-to-recycle materials in addition to fees for specific items. Fee for appliances with Freon (R) is $15.
Refer to website for full guidelines and fees