Competitive Process for Funding
SPRING 2014 FUNDING APPLICATIONS ARE IN
As part of the City’s Competitive Process for allocating federal and local funds, the City of Fort Collins began accepting applications January 7, 2014 for the use of federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding and the City’s Human Services Program (HSP) monies. Approximately $1,500,000 is available for distribution. The City received proposals in two categories:
- Housing: Acquisition and construction of affordable housing projects, including land purchase, housing rehabilitation, and certain “soft” costs related to affordable housing development and homebuyer assistance programs. Properties must be located in Fort Collins. Five Housing applications were submitted with a total request of $2,188,191.
- Public Service: Non-profit agencies serving a majority of people (51% or more) whose income is 80% or below the Area Median Income (AMI) and living in the City of Fort Collins. Requests are for 37 proposals, totaling $1,305,649.
Funds will be allocated to non-profit agencies, affordable housing providers, and other entities serving a majority of Fort Collins clients who are low- and moderate- income households. FUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- Wednesday, March 26, 2014 (6:00 pm) – Presentations by housing applicants to CDBG Commission
- Tuesday, April 1; Wednesday, April 2; and Thursday, April 3, 2014 (6:00 pm) – Presentations by public service applicants to CDBG Commission
- Thursday, April 10, 2014 (6:00 pm) – CDBG Commission Deliberations for funding recommendations.
- Tuesday, May 20, 2014 (6:30 pm) – City Council Meeting, adoption of funding recommendations.
Want to know more about the Competitive Process? Read the Competitive Process FAQs.
The City of Fort Collins maintains an open process and encourages applicants to ask for help at any time, however applicants may NOT speak with CDBG Commission members regarding the proposal (ex parte communication), or with any staff members other than Sharon Thomas, Grant Programs Administrator. For assistance, please contact Sharon Thomas at 970-221-6595 or .
Applicant Presentation Dates
Applicant presentations for Spring 2014 are held at 215 North Mason Street in the Community Room. The meetings are scheduled for the evenings of March 26 (Housing) and April 1, 2, and 3 (Public Service). All members of the presentation team should arrive at least 15 minutes early.