As part of the City’s Competitive Process for allocating federal and City funds; the City of Fort Collins will begin accepting applications January 5, 2017. Approximately $2,400,000 total is available for distribution. There is about $1,550,000 available in the Housing/Public Facility category and about $850,000 in the Public Service category. The three proposal categories are:
1. Housing: Acquisition and construction of affordable housing projects, including land purchase, housing rehabilitation, certain “soft” costs related to affordable housing development, and homebuyer assistance programs. Properties must be located in Fort Collins. For more information, or to determine eligibility, contact Beth Rosen at 970-221-6812 or YnJvc2VuQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==.
2. Public Facility: Space for agencies that provide direct services to low- and moderate- income clients living in Fort Collins. There is limited funding in this category. For more information contact Heidi Phelps at 970-221-6757 or aHBoZWxwc0BmY2dvdi5jb20=.
3. Public Service: Non-profit agencies (501©3) serving a majority of people whose income is 80% or below the Area Median Income (AMI) and living in the City of Fort Collins. For more information contact Sharon Thomas at 970-221-6595 or c3Rob21hc0BmY2dvdi5jb20=.
Funds will be allocated to non-profit agencies, affordable housing providers, and other entities serving a majority of Fort Collins clients who are low- and moderate- income households. FUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS.
Two Application Types: Housing and Public Service. Select the category that meets your proposal type. Public Facility applicants please contact Heidi Phelps, 970-221-6757 or aHBoZWxwc0BmY2dvdi5jb20= for guidance.
DUNS Number: All applicants must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) to apply. To obtain a DUNS number, call 1-866-705-5711. Additional information can be found at whitehouse.gov/omb/grants/duns_num_guide.pdf.
SAM Registration: All housing applicants must complete a System for Award Management (SAM) activation or registration. For first-time applicants, the process may take more than two weeks to complete. For more information visitwww.sam.gov or contact Heidi Phelps at 970-221-6757 or aHBoZWxwc0BmY2dvdi5jb20=. After funding decisions are made, Public Service applicants awarded federal CDBG funds will be asked to complete the SAM registration.
All Applicants: Materials To Upload or Download with Your Online Application
1) List of Board of Directors Qualifications/Relevancy
2) Board of Directors’ Approval of Submission (meeting minutes, brief memo, or email)
3) If a Nonprofit entity, IRS 501(c)3 Designation: 1st page
4) If a Nonprofit entity, Certification of Good Standing (updated 501(c) 3 designation)
5) Public Service Applicants: most recent IRS 990 form, Part VIII Statement of Revenue and Part IX Statement of Functional Expenses
6) A Copy of Your Organization’s Most Recent Audit
7) Your organization’s budget. Must use the City’s budget form; Funding Sources/Revenues and Funding Uses/Expenses (download template from ZoomGrants)
Housing Applicants: Also Upload or Download with Online Application
7) Project Operating Budget Worksheet (download template from ZoomGrants)
8) Sources and Uses Worksheet (download template from ZoomGrants)
9) Funding Sources Summary (download template from ZoomGrants)
10) Board of Directors’ Acknowledgement (download template from ZoomGrants)
11) Letters of Financial Commitment From Other Funders (loan commitments or letters of interest)
12) Market Analysis (upload)
13) General Information Notice (GIN); required for rehab projects and purchases with existing tenants (upload)
14) Census of Current Residents; required for rehab projects and purchases with existing tenants (upload)
15) Method of Delivery; required for rehab projects and purchases with existing tenants (upload)
Applicant Presentation Dates
All applicants will make a presentation to the CDBG Commission. Applicant presentations for Spring 2017 are held at 222 Laporte Avenue in the Colorado River Community Room. Currently, the meetings are scheduled for the evenings of March 21, 23, 28, and 30. These dates may change depending on the number of applications received. Applicants will receive notification of a scheduled presentation date and time. All members of your team should arrive at least 15 minutes early (possibly 30 minutes early if your scheduled time is later in the evening). If we are ahead of schedule and applicants are not available we will take the next available applicant.
Applicants may bring information handouts, please bring 15 copies. Applicants may also use PowerPoint presentations or videos. Contact Sharon Thomas with questions.
The CDBG Commission is responsible for making funding recommendations to City Council for their approval. The CDBG Commission formulates its funding recommendations on Thursday, April 13, 2017, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Colorado River Community Room at 222 Laporte Avenue. Applicants are welcome to attend the meeting, but may not speak during the meeting in order to maintain fairness of process. Final recommendations are not confirmed until the end of the meeting, so those in attendance should plan to stay for the duration of the meeting, which can take several hours.
Applicants are notified of the outcome of the Commission’s deliberation session within a week. If you have a concern with the Commission’s funding recommendations, you are encouraged to contact Sharon Thomas, Competitive Process Manager 970-221-6595 or c3Rob21hc0BmY2dvdi5jb20= to discuss the concerns.
Final Fort Collins City Council Decision
City Council holds a public hearing to make final funding allocation decisions for the 2017 Spring Competitive Process on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 6:00 PM, City Hall, 300 Laporte Avenue. Following approval of funding staff will work with applicants that were awarded funds on additional due diligence items and contract execution.
Want to know more about the Competitive Process? Read the Competitive Process FAQs.
The City of Fort Collins maintains an open process and encourages applicants to ask for help at any time. After applications have been submitted applicants may NOT speak with CDBG Commission members or Affordable Housing Board members regarding their proposal (ex parte communication), or with any staff members other than Sharon Thomas, Grant Programs Administrator. For assistance, please contact Sharon Thomas at 970-221-6595 or c3Rob21hc0BmY2dvdi5jb20=.