Job Benefits: City of Fort Collins Police Services
Fort Collins Police Services offers a superb salary and benefits package in a profession delivering incomparable job satisfaction, camaraderie, and excitement.
Details of the salary and benefits package are listed below:
2014 Average Salary Information
Fort Collins Police Services offers a competitive salary range. Most candidates with previous Law Enforcement experience will start at level two. Level five is typically attained within three years of employment.
- Entry Level - (1) $56,098
- Post Certified Officers - (2) $60,581
- Completion of FTO program - (3) $65,067
- 12 months after level three - (4) $70,085
- 18 months after level four - (5) $76,847
- 80 hours of Holiday time each year
- If you work on a holiday you can be paid 2 1/2 times your normal pay
- You can earn up to 60 hours of award time a year through fitness testing and not utilizing sick days
- Entry Level Officer earn 15 vacation days a year
- Money Purchase Plan (401k) employee contribution of 8% with matching funds of 8%, fully vested after 3 years
- Deferred Compensation Plan(457) with matching funds up to 3%
- Retirement Health Care Savings Plan
- One to one take home car program
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for family
- Life Insurance/ Optional family coverage
- Uniforms and cleaning provided
- All equipment provided, including firearm.
- Tuition reimbursement for college courses at accredited schools