Summer is on the way—and for many residents, this also means an increase in water use for outdoor landscaping and additional electricity for air conditioning.
Cool Strategies for Summer Utility Savings will provide tips to cut costs and save resources, 7-8:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 15, Midtown Arts Center, 3750 S. Mason St. (south of Horsetooth Road and Mason Street). During this free program, participants will learn how to control summer bills, including information on:
• efficient watering techniques and new technology
• lawn-care tips to save water and maintain a landscape with limited water use
• how to keep the heat out of your home
• efficient cooling equipment options to remove the heat
• low-cost home efficiency audits
• free sprinkler system audits
Information on related energy efficiency and water-saving programs, and tools and incentives also will be available. For details or to learn about other programs in the Residential Environmental Program Series, visit http://fcgov.com/reps
, email dXRpbGl0aWVzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
, call (970) 221-6700 or TDD (970) 224-6003.