Natural Areas Master Plan 2014
The Fort Collins community has conserved 41 natural areas encompassing over 35,000 acres. Natural Areas are a beloved asset, central to our community's identity and quality of life. The City of Fort Collins Natural Areas Department is responsible for fulfilling the community's vision for land conservation and stewardship described in citizen-initiated sales tax ballot measures and adopted plans and policies.
The City's land conservation and stewardship for the next ten years will be guided by the Natural Areas Master Plan. Everyone is invited to help create the plan and provide feedback!
Draft Master Plan and Second Open HouseThe Draft Master Plan has been revised for presentation at the August 12 City Council work session. A Draft Executive Summary has also been prepared for City Council review.
Master Plan Timeline
- August 12 - Plan will be presented to City Council at their work session.
- October 7- City Council will consider adopting the Master Plan.
- June 19-July 19- Public comments on the Master Plan were sought.
- June 19- The second Open House was held at the Natural Areas Department's Main Office.
- Spring 2014- Presentations and input from City Advisory Boards.
- January 30- First Open House was held at the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery.
Natural Areas Department