- Why should I join ClimateWise?
- Does my business already have to be "green" in order to join?
- How much does it cost to participate in the program?
- How do I receive a level award?
- How do I get started?
- Our business/organization is currently planning to remodel. Should we still join ClimateWise and plan our building or office assessment?
- free technical assistance
- public recognition
- cost savings
- frequent networking opportunities with peer companies
2. Does my business already have to be "green" in order to join?
A: No. The ClimateWise Program is designed to help educate businesses about energy efficiency, water conservation, transportation reduction and solid waste reduction / recycling. Through an assessment process and continued education, ClimateWise staff can help your business reach its environmental goals, no matter how environmentally-conscious it may be before joining.
3: How much does it cost to participate in the program?
A: ClimateWise is free to all businesses and organizations located within the Fort Collins Growth Management Area (GMA). This includes non-profits, HOAs, corporate or local businesses.
4: How do I receive a level award?
A: Partner levels are achieved through active participation in the program. We only ask that you actively participate in the program by attending meetings and reporting data. On average, partners can expect to spend 10 or fewer hours per year fulfilling minimum requirements. Participation in the ClimateWise program is strictly voluntary and does not include regulatory areas of a business operation.
- Download the ClimateWise Partner Agreement form (your business must be located within the Fort Collins Growth Management Area).
- Sign the agreement and either or fax (970-221-6619) to ClimateWise (typed signatures accepted).
- Once staff receives your agreement, you will receive a welcome letter indicating the next steps to participate in the program.
6: Our business/organization is currently planning to remodel. Should we still join ClimateWise and plan our building or office assessment?
A: Yes. It's important to schedule a meeting before planning or implementing a remodel. There are rebates available for HVAC, lighting, remodel efficiency design (Integrated Design Assistance), and indoor water fixture replacement.
Physical Address: 700 Wood St. Fort Collins, CO 80521
Phone: (970) 221-6700
Fax: (970) 221-6619