ClimateWise - About Us
To build and serve an active group of businesses and organizations that is committed to making Fort Collins a world-class community through climate protection, environmental stewardship and economic vitality.
What is ClimateWise?
ClimateWise is a free, voluntary City of Fort Collins program dedicated to helping local business and the environment. Through environmental assessments and creative solutions, the City of Fort Collins ClimateWise Team helps businesses tackle modern-day business challenges that impact bottom lines and the quality of life in Fort Collins.
How Does ClimateWise Work?
The goal of the ClimateWise program is to help local businesses and organizations with their efforts to voluntarily reduce greenhouse gas emissions by promoting waste reduction, energy savings, alternative transportation, water conservation, and practicing pollution prevention. These actions result in cost savings and added benefits to partners such as public recognition, technical assistance, on-going business support, seminars, tools and resources for savings, peer networking opportunities, customer loyalty and employee pride.
What does ClimateWise do for Fort Collins?
The ClimateWise program is helping the Fort Collins community meet some of its greenhouse gas reduction goals highlighted in the Local Action Plan to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions. So far, participating businesses in the ClimateWise program reduce greenhouse gas emissions by over 136,000 metric tons of CO2e per year (as of 2010).
- Achieve greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction target of 140,000 tons per year by the end of year 2012.
- Build and serve an active group of businesses and organizations through business support and education. Partners must take specific action to reduce GHG first.
- Grow and strengthen valuable partnerships with/within the business community.
- Continue to improve accountability and resources, and make progress toward our 2012 greenhouse gas reduction goal.
- Continually investigate improvements in program processes (the inventory protocol, increased efficiency, partner benefits, as well as leveraging of resources).
Physical Address: 200 W. Mountain Unit A, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Phone: (970) 221-6700
Fax: (970) 221-6619