Landmark Preservation Commission
Current and Past Agendas
Note: All agendas are PDF documents
|Download Agenda Download Summary Agenda||Wednesday February 10, 2016|
|Download Agenda Download Summary Agenda||Wednesday January 27, 2016|
|Download Agenda Download Summary Agenda||Wednesday January 13, 2016|
|Download Agenda Download Summary Agenda||Wednesday December 9, 2015|
|Download Agenda Download Summary Agenda||Wednesday November 18, 2015|
|Download Agenda Download Summary Agenda||Monday October 26, 2015|
The Commission shall perform all duties relating to preservation of historic landmarks as set out in Chapter 14, including the designation of sites, structures, objects or districts as landmarks and the review and approval or rejection of plans for the construction, alteration, demolition or relocation of any such site, structure, object or district. Decisions of the Commission are final unless appealed to the City Council.
The Commission shall also perform the following additional functions:
- To promote awareness and understanding of, and appreciation for, the value of historic resource preservation in contributing to the quality of life in the City, and actively encourage property owners to voluntarily designate their properties as historic landmarks;
- To advise the City Council and City staff with regard to the identification and evaluation of historic resources within the Growth Management Area and provide information regarding the significance of the resources, the nature and degree of threat to their preservation, and methods for their protection;
- To advise the City Council and City staff with regard to appropriate policies, incentives and regulations for encouraging and/or requiring preservation and rehabilitation of historic resources;
- To coordinate with the various other City boards, commissions and City staff members whose actions may affect the preservation of historic resources in the community;
- To establish a committee of its members to provide advice and, if required under Section 2.10.2(H) of the Land Use Code, written recommendations to the owners of eligible historic properties, and of properties located near eligible historic properties, regarding historically appropriate design and site planning for additions, alterations, and new construction in the City; provided, however, that any members of such committee who provide such advice or recommendations to property owners under this provision shall refrain from participating in any subsequent decisions of the Commission related to such properties;
- To perform such other duties and functions as may be provided by the City Council by ordinance or resolution.
Regular Meeting Schedule:
Hearings 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month*
City Council Chambers
300 LaPorte Avenue
* There will be no meetings on the 4th Wednesdays of November or December.
Meeting agendas can fill quickly. Applicants must contact Historic Preservation Staff in advance to be scheduled for the next meeting with an opening on the agenda. Once a meeting date is confirmed, applicants must submit ALL materials to Historic Preservation Staff at least 10 days before the meeting for which they are scheduled. Applicants who do not meet this deadline may forfeit their place on the agenda, and be rescheduled for a later meeting date. Meeting agendas are published the Friday before each meeting.
In making appointments to the Commission, the City Council shall give due consideration to maintaining a balance of interests and skills in the composition of the Commission and to the individual qualifications of the candidates including but not limited to their training, experience, knowledge or interest in any one or more of the fields of architecture, architectural history, landscape architecture, structural engineering, general contracting, urban planning, history, archaeology or related disciplines, mortgage lending and commerce.
Current Members: Interested in applying?
Council Liaison: Gino Campana
December 31, 2016 Alexandra Wallace and Belinda Zink
December 31, 2017 Doug Ernest, Dave Lingle and Ron Sladek,
December 31, 2018 Meg Dunn and Per Hogestad
December 31, 2019 Kristin Gensmer and Bud Frick