Innovative City at the Gateway to the Rockies
Fort Collins is nationally recognized by various organizations and magazines as a best place to live. Sixty miles from Denver, Fort Collins is home to Colorado State University, several large high-tech employers, and leading businesses in the microbrew industry. We are a major employment and retail center in Northern Colorado renowned for our outdoor activities, cultural amenities, and our bike-friendly, small-town feel.
Fort Collins residents are well educated, passionate and engaged in the community. Our high quality of life is a result of the community’s focus on the environment, enthusiasm for health and the outdoors, a strong educational system, extensive park and open space systems, and a flourishing Downtown district.
Commitment to Sustainability
In Fort Collins, we strive to be responsible stewards of our natural, financial and human resources. Our business decisions assess the economic, environmental and social factors, increasing sustainability awareness and often mitigating negative impacts. This triple-bottom-line approach reflects our community values, and helps ensure Fort Collins remains one of the best cities in which to live, work and play well into the future.
In addition to competitive, market-based pay, the City of Fort Collins also offers excellent employee benefits.*
The benefits you might expect:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plans (mandatory 401, voluntary 457 and Roth IRA plans)
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
And the ones you might not expect:
- An award-winning employee Wellness Program to keep you healthy.
- Access to on-site fitness rooms and the City’s recreation centers to keep you active and fit.
- Ergonomic adjustments to make your work stations comfortable and safe.
- Free Transfort bus passes to help you get around town.
- Professional development opportunities to help you learn and grow.
* Specific benefit plans depend on the classification of the position for which you are hired. Benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.