The Commission is created for the purpose of enhancing the status of and opportunities for all women in the City. The Commission shall have the ability to:
- Document issues of importance to the status of women in the City;
- Conduct educational programs in the Fort Collins community to increase public awareness and sensitivity to the needs and capabilities of all women;
- Cooperate with other organizations and individuals interested in issues affecting women in the Fort Collins area;
- Review proposed legislation, policy changes or other governmental action at the federal, state or local level that would enhance or otherwise affect the status of women in the City and make recommendations to the City Council regarding the same; and
- Recommend to the City Council the adoption of local legislation or policies that would enhance the status of women in the City.
Regular Meeting Schedule:
3rd Wednesday of each month
Room 1-B (west entrance)
215 N. Mason
No special qualifications necessary.
December 31, 2015 Annette Zacharias and Heather Zoccali
December 31, 2016 Catherine Douras, Lea Hanson and Huston Morse
December 31, 2017 Ginny Carroll and Stacia Ryder
December 31, 2018 Molly Alderton and Elizabeth Donovan
Council Liaison: Kristin Stephens