High Performing Community
- A collaborative and community-based approach to problem solving.
- Inclusive and accessible to all people.
- Effective and efficient local governance where all voices are valued.
- Fiscal sustainability and transparency in the City organization.
- World-class communications technology.
An Active and Engaged Community
- Encouraging and celebrating volunteerism and philanthropy throughout the community.
- Understanding and promoting the qualities that make Fort Collins a community where people choose to live including strong schools, a learning community, and many organizations working for positive change.
Effective Local Governance
- Providing outstanding customer service and working collaboratively with citizens to address issues and resolve problems.
- Collaborating with public, private, and non-profit organizations to maximize efficiency, innovation, and mutual benefits.
- Serving as a model for effective local governance.
- Striving to balance desired service levels against changing costs and revenues.
- Providing clear and transparent information concerning the budget process.
Communications and Technology
- Encouraging vibrant public discourse through technology, and pursuing technological solutions to ensure services are accessible, transparent, and efficient.
- Facilitating the exploration of collaborative solutions to expand citizens’ access to communication technologies.
The following is a partial list of implementation actions identified as priorities in the Action Plan. Please refer to the Action Plan for a complete list of implementation actions.
Near Term (2011-2012)
- Evaluate a method for prioritizing programs and services across multiple budget results areas
- Convene a representative group of Boards and Commissions members to assess and suggest improvements to Boards and Commissions processes
Longer Term (2013 and beyond)
- Develop real-time energy use displays in public buildings and provide for vehicle charging capability at new municipal buildings