Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Pre-treat stains to avoid the need to re-wash your clothes.
Fort Collins Utilities Receives Platinum Award For Exceptional Utility Performance
Posted on: Oct-16-2018Fort Collins Utilities' Water Department recently received the Platinum Award for Utility Excellence from the Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA), an organization of the largest publicly owned drinking water suppliers in the United States.
Fort Collins Utilities was among the 14 public drinking water systems that AMWA honored with utility management awards on Oct. 15 in ceremonies at its 2018 Executive Management Conference in San Francisco, CA. The award recognizes outstanding achievement in implementing the nationally recognized Attributes of Effective Utility Management.
"AMWA's 2018 award winners are industry-leading water systems with innovative managers and dedicated workforces who create sustainable utilities marked by high quality, affordable water, responsive customer service and attention to resource management and environmental protection,” said AMWA President Mac Underwood, General Manager, Birmingham Water Works. "The accomplishments of these exceptionally well-run public utilities should be a source of pride for the communities they serve."
AMWA recognized Utilities for numerous aspects of exceptional utility performance, including:
- Strong community support measured through customer satisfaction surveys.
- Professionalism, engagement and concern of employees, which allows for sound operational and financial decisions to be made and effectively implemented.
- Long-term operational and financial planning, which provides safe, reliable, high-quality, affordable drinking water, a cornerstone of economic, social and environmental sustainability.
- Mature asset management program, strategic financial planning, ongoing employee development and continual process improvement strategies.
- Recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 2017.
For more information on Fort Collins Utilities' water services, visit https://www.fcgov.com/water, email dXRpbGl0aWVzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==, call 970-212-2900 or V/TDD 711.