Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Replace filters, clean evaporator and condenser coils and verify proper operation of the economizer on air handlers.
Free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, Sept. 8
Posted on: Aug-16-2018Community members can dispose of their household hazardous wastes for FREE at the City of Fort Collins' Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, Saturday, Sept. 8, 9 a.m.- 3 p.m., Streets Facility, 625 Ninth St. (map and FAQs at http://fcgov.com/hazwaste ).
Accepted items (non-leaking):
- painting products
- household batteries
- fluorescent bulbs
- cleaning and automotive products
- vitamins and supplements
- personal care products (hair products, lotions)
- mercury-containing items (thermostat and appliance switches, thermometers, button-shaped batteries)
Items not accepted (visit http://fcgov.com/recyclingcenters for disposal options):
- bio-waste (needles, bandages)
- commercial and industrial waste
- Store items upright in boxes or tubs (do not bring in bags).
- Place similar items together (do not stack or pile on top of each other).
- Ensure containers are sealed and not leaking.
- Store acids and oxidizers separately, away from each other and other hazardous products.
- Keep items away from children and pets.
Residents also may take their household hazardous products to the Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (hours and details at http://larimer.org/solidwaste/haz.htm ).
For more information, visit http://fcgov.com/hazwaste , email dXRpbGl0aWVzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==, call 970-212-2900 or V/TDD 711. Learn about year-round recycling opportunities at http://fcgov.com/trc .