Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Mow with a sharp mower blade. A dull blade tears grass and stresses the lawn.
Free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, September 9
Posted on: Aug-23-2017Fort Collins residents can dispose of their household hazardous wastes for free at the City of Fort Collins' Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, Saturday, September 9, 9 a.m.- 3 p.m., Streets Facility, 625 Ninth St. (online map: http://fcgov.com/hazwaste ).
Accepted items (non-leaking):
- painting products
- household batteries
- compact fluorescents
- cleaning and automotive products
- vitamins and supplements
- personal care products (hair products, lotions)
- mercury-containing items (thermostat and appliance switches, thermometers, button-shaped batteries)
Items not accepted (visit http://fcgov.com/recyclingcenters for disposal options):
- bio-waste (needles, bandages)
- commercial and industrial waste
- Store items upright in boxes or tubs (do not bring in bags).
- Place similar items together (do not stack or pile on top of each other).
- Ensure containers are sealed and not leaking.
- Store acids and oxidizers separately, away from each other and other hazardous products.
- Keep items away from children and pets.
Residents also may take their household hazardous products to the Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (hours and details at http://larimer.org/solidwaste/haz.htm ).
For more information, visit http://fcgov.com/hazwaste , email dXRpbGl0aWVzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==, call 970-212-2900 or V/TDD 711. Learn about year-round recycling opportunities at http://fcgov.com/trc .