Integrated Design Assistance Program#
Our Integrated Design Assistance Program (IDAP) brings together key stakeholders, including project owners, developers, design professionals and builders, for a whole-building approach, from concept to construction. Benefits include:
- Buildings that are more cost-effective and durable
- Better indoor air quality
- Higher occupant satisfaction
- Easier maintenance
- Lower energy cost
IDAP provides incentives for design and construction and we also offer technical advice related to building science and energy code in addition to an optional performance incentive based on energy savings. New construction and major renovation projects can participate.
Participating project teams set an energy target early in the project that is at least 10 percent better than current energy code, and then design and build to that target.
To participate, submit an application during conceptual design, and no later than early schematic design.
Projects that are beyond the Schematic Design phase can still participate in the New Construction and Renovation prescriptive program.
View Case Studies for Examples of Past Projects#
- Energy Consultant Resources >>
- Approved Energy Consultants >>
1449 7th St.
Denver, CO 80204
323 3rd Ave.
Longmont, CO 80501
Energetics Consulting Engineers, LLC
6140 S. Gun Club Rd.
Aurora, CO 80016
5018 Underwood Ave.
Omaha, NE 68132
1325 E 16th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
1905 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
16025 Table Mountain Parkway
Golden, CO 80403
2540 Frontier Ave.
Boulder, CO 80301
Norton Energy R&D, LLC
1290 Ithaca Dr.
Boulder, CO 80305
(specializes in single-family and multi-family development projects)
Professional Engineering Consultants, P.A.
420 Linden St.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
The Weidt Group
1521 15th St.
Denver, CO 80202
- Program Eligibility >>
- Projects may include new construction or major renovation, be categorized as commercial or high-rise residential as defined by ASHRAE 90.1 and located within the City of Fort Collins electric service territory. Other project types may qualify to participate at the discretion of the IDAP Program Manager.
- At time of application, the project is in a pre-design or schematic design stage and has sufficient flexibility for design changes in building form and energy efficiency strategies.
- Fort Collins Utilities staff will be invited to attend design meetings for the project related to energy considerations and will be kept apprised of project progress and major energy-related decisions.
- The project will be at least 5,000 gross square feet.
Contact David Suckling at 970-416-4251 or email@example.com.
Did You Know?
Turning off printers, copiers, coffee machines and other equipment at end of day saves energy.
Information about business-related programs and rebates regularly goes out in the Keep Current e-newsletter.
There are 13 stormwater basins within the City of Fort Collins Growth Management Area, each with their own master plan.