Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Integrated Design Assistance Program
The Integrated Design Assistance Program (IDAP) supports project owners, developers, design professionals and builders in creating buildings that are more cost-effective, durable, easier to maintain, have better indoor air quality, higher occupant satisfaction and lower energy cost.
Financial incentives are available for participating building owners and design teams.
IDAP provides design and construction incentives, technical support and an optional performance incentive. New construction and major renovation projects can participate.
Participating project teams set an energy target early in the project that is at least 10 percent better than current energy code, and then design and build to that target.
To participate, application in conceptual or early Schematic Design is required. Projects that are beyond the Schematic Design phase can still participate in the New Construction and Renovation prescriptive program.
View Case Studies for Examples of Past Projects
- Energy Consultant Resources >>
- Approved Energy Consultants >>
Norton Energy R&D, LLC
1290 Ithaca Drive
Boulder, CO 80305
(specializes in single-family and multi-family development projects)
PCD Engineering Services, Inc.
323 3rd Avenue, #100
Longmont, CO 80501
Professional Engineering Consultants, P.A.
420 Linden St., Suite 110
Fort Collins, CO 80524
The Weidt Group
1521 15th Street, Suite 100
Denver, CO 80202
1449 7th Street Suite 440
Denver CO 80204
Energetics Consulting Engineers, LLC
6140 S. Gun Club Rd #K6-121
Aurora, CO 80016
5018 Underwood Ave. #201
Omaha, NE 68132
1325 E 16th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
1905 Sherman Street, Suite #1040
Denver, CO 80203
16025 Table Mountain Parkway
Golden, CO 80403
2540 Frontier Avenue, Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80301
- Program Eligibility >>
- Project must be new construction or major renovation, be categorized as commercial or high-rise residential as defined by ASHRAE 90.1 and located within the City of Fort Collins electric service territory. Other project types may qualify to participate at the discretion of the IDAP Program Manager.
- At time of application, the project is in a pre-design or schematic design stage and has sufficient flexibility for design changes in building form and energy efficiency strategies.
- Fort Collins Utilities staff will be invited to attend design meetings for the project related to energy considerations and will be kept apprised of project progress and major energy-related decisions.
- The project will be at least 5,000 gross square feet.
Contact Gary Schroeder with any questions at 970-221-6395 or Z3NjaHJvZWRlckBmY2dvdi5jb20=.