Integrated Design Assistance Program#
Our Integrated Design Assistance Program (IDAP) brings together key stakeholders, including project owners, developers, design professionals and builders, for a whole-building approach, from concept to construction. Benefits include:
- Buildings that are more cost-effective and durable
- Better indoor air quality
- Higher occupant satisfaction
- Easier maintenance
- Lower energy cost
IDAP provides incentives for design and construction. We also offer technical advice related to building science and energy code in addition to an optional performance incentive based on energy savings. New construction and major renovation projects can participate.
Participating project teams set an energy target early in the project that is at least 10% better than current energy code, and then design and build to that target.
To participate, submit an application during conceptual design, and no later than early schematic design.
If you don't qualify for IDAP, you can still participate in the Efficiency Works Business rebate program.
View Case Studies for Examples of Past Projects#
1449 7th St.
Denver, CO 80204
323 3rd Ave.
Longmont, CO 80501
Energetics Consulting Engineers, LLC
6140 S. Gun Club Rd.
Aurora, CO 80016
5018 Underwood Ave.
Omaha, NE 68132
1325 E 16th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
1905 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
16025 Table Mountain Parkway
Golden, CO 80403
2540 Frontier Ave.
Boulder, CO 80301
Norton Energy R&D, LLC
1290 Ithaca Dr.
Boulder, CO 80305
(specializes in single-family and multi-family development projects)
Professional Engineering Consultants, P.A.
420 Linden St.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
The Weidt Group
1521 15th St.
Denver, CO 80202
- Projects may include new construction or major renovation, be categorized as commercial or high-rise residential as defined by ASHRAE 90.1 and located within the City of Fort Collins electric service territory. Other project types may qualify to participate at the discretion of the IDAP Program Manager.
- At time of application, the project is in a pre-design or schematic design stage and has sufficient flexibility for design changes in building form and energy efficiency strategies.
- Fort Collins Utilities staff will be invited to attend design meetings for the project related to energy considerations and will be kept apprised of project progress and major energy-related decisions.
- The project will be at least 5,000 gross square feet.
Contact David Suckling at 970-416-4251 or email@example.com.
Did You Know?
It is recommended that you aerate your lawn once a year.
There is no poop fairy. Pick up after your pet to help prevent stormwater pollution.
Fort Collins Utilities monitors water quality in our water sources, treated drinking water and treated water returned to the environment.