The Leaf Exchange
The Environmental Services Department sponsors a year-round Leaf Exchange program to help neighbors connect and share leaves. The Leaf Exchange is a free, web-based message board, hosted by Yahoo! Groups, that helps residents with leaves they don’t want to connect with farmers and gardeners who need leaves.
There are many options for the leaves that fall at your home or business. In addition to connecting with your neighbors online through the Leaf Exchange (or on social media), you can also:
- Visit our A-Z list for yard waste drop-off options,
- Mulch leaves in place by running over them with a lawnmower,
- Compost them at home, or
- Sign up for curbside collection of yard trimmings.
Most importantly, please do not rake/blow leaves into the street where they can clog storm drains.
How To Use the Exchange
- Visit the Leaf Exchange Yahoo! Group
Click “+ Join Group”
If you already have a Yahoo! login simply sign in. If you don't have a login, fill out the online form to create an account. Registration is required to reduce spam.
Read the Guidelines
View the Group Description to learn how to compose and post your "Leaves Wanted" or "Leaves Available" message.
- Bagged leaves should be dry and free of rocks, trash, pet waste, and branches.
- The City of Fort Collins makes no guarantees regarding the status of any listed material and it does not arrange transportation of materials. Most important, however, is that residents and business owners may not rake their leaves into the street.