Kites in the Park
Date: Sunday, May 20, 2018
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Spring Canyon Park, Fort Collins, Colorado
Grab your kite and come out to Spring Canyon Community Park for the 11th annual Kites in the Park Festival. Presented by City of Fort Collins and First National Bank, Kites in the Park is a FREE family-friendly community event that celebrates all things kites. We’ll welcome fliers from around the world to perform kite ballets, battle kites, and fly giant kites. First National Bank welcomes youth to decorate their own kites to take home. Kites are free, but limited to the first 500 guests. Enjoy great food and activities including a stick horse rodeo, demonstrations, and clinics to battle Rokkaku kites.
Schedule of Events
Event times may vary depending on wind and weather.
|10 a.m.||Opening Kite Flying Ceremony||Demonstration Fields|
|10 a.m.||Kite Decorating Begins||Kite Decorating Pavilion|
|10 a.m.||Rokkaku Battle, Registration Opens||Sound Tent; Demonstration Fields|
|10 a.m.||Greeley Stampede Stick Horse Rodeo, Registration Opens||Greeley Stampede Tent; Vendors|
|10:15 a.m.||Kite Ballet to "Let's Go Fly a Kite"||Demonstration Fields|
|10:30 a.m.||Kite Performances||Demonstration Fields|
|11 a.m.||Greeley Stampede Stick Horse Rodeo||Greeley Stampede Tent; Vendors|
|11 a.m.||Rokkaku Battles; Individual||Demonstration Fields|
|12:30 p.m.||Children's Kite Flying Games||Demonstration Fields|
|2 p.m.||Rokkaku Battles; Team||Demonstration Fields|
|2:45 p.m.||Kite Performances||Demonstration Fields|
|3 p.m.||End of Event|
First National Bank Kite Decorating Contest
First National Bank will be hosting a Kites in the Park sweepstakes, from Sunday, May 20-Monday, May 28. One lucky winner will receive $500.
To enter the sweepstakes, entrants must take a photo of or with one of the 500 completed kites obtained from the First National Bank station at Kites in the Park and post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtag #FNBCreateAKite.
- #FNBCreateAKite Official Rules
#FNBCreateAKite Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE, APPLICATION, OR USE OF SPONSOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry. Each entrant by participating in the Sweepstakes agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on May 20, 2018 and will end at 12:00 p.m. MT on May 28, 2018.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period: entrants must take a photo of/with the completed kite obtained from Sponsor at the Fort Collins “Kites in the Park” event on May 20, 2018 and post to social media using the hashtag #FNBCreateAKite. Limit one (1) entry per person no matter which social media forum used to enter or how many Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter accounts an entrant may have. The person entering the Sweepstakes must be the authorized holder of the associated Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account, otherwise, the entry may be deemed void. In the event of a discrepancy in the identity of the potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of said Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account.
- DRAWING: The potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted on or about 12:00 p.m. MT on May 29, 2018. The drawing will be done under the direction of Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- ODDS: The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: PRIZE - One (1) prize will be awarded consisting of one (1) $500.00 Visa prepaid card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize: $500.00. Some restrictions on the use of the Visa prepaid card may apply, and winner should carefully review the terms and conditions of use written on or provided with the Visa prepaid card. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is responsible for the payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on the prize. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified by Sponsor through a comment on the winner’s photo entry in the Sweepstakes approximately one (1) hour after being selected. If the prize notification is undeliverable, the winner does not reply to Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours after receipt of notification of his/her name being drawn as the potential winner, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a winner cannot be confirmed and verified forty-eight (48) hours after announcing the alternate winner, the prize will not be awarded. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their name, city and state and photograph/likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants, or, if minors, their parents or legal guardians, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless employees of Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of the prize that may be awarded. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Colorado. Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, the Official Rules, or in any Sweepstakes related advertising or materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or human or other error. If in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, at its exclusive discretion reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Winners are limited to one (1) prize from the Sponsor within any three hundred sixty-five day period. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrants, or if a minor, their parents or legal guardians agrees that: a) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: Information collected from entrants will be maintained by Sponsor in accordance with applicable federal and state consumer privacy laws, rules and regulations. Sponsor will collect information from entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winner. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes. Also, due to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter privacy settings, if an entrant’s privacy settings prevent Sponsor from seeing entrant’s post, entrant will not be entered into the Sweepstakes.
- WINNER’S NAME: The name of the winner (available on or about May 29, 2018) will be posted on Sponsor’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages listed in Section 3.
- NO AFFILIATION WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, OR TWITTER: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- SPONSOR: First National Bank of Omaha, 1620 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68197.
Thank you for your interest in Kites in the Park. Kites in the Park attracts nearly 8,000 children and adults for a full-day festival involving everything kites! We invite food, merchandise, and promotional vendors to join us at the event. Applications can be downloaded below, and must be submitted by May 1, 2018. For vendor questions, contact David Wimmer, ZHdpbW1lckBmY2dvdi5jb20=.
2018 Vendor Application
We would not be able to offer this family event to our community free of charge without the support of our sponsors. Thank you to our current sponsors for supporting Kites in the Park.
Sponsor applications are no longer being accepted for 2018. To inquire about opportunities available for 2019, contact Jami McMannes at 970.221.6358 or am1jbWFubmVzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==.
There are many opportunities to volunteer for the Kites in the Park Festival. A few volunteer positions include:
- Kite Informant: Help out in the information tents by guiding families to the kite attractions.
- Festival magicians: Make the festival appear and disappear by helping with set-up and tear-down.
- Kite maker: Assist kiddos in making and decorating their own kites!
If you’re interested in volunteering, please complete the online form and we’ll be in touch soon with more information. When completing the form, select "events" from the drop down menu beneath "What program are you interested in?".