Turf and Ballfield Information
Fields must be reserved/scheduled for games. Please read the Field & Facilities Guidelines for information on what is expected when reserving fields for games and contact Parks at 970-221-6660 for further information and documents for reserving fields for games.
If you would like to have your practice space guaranteed for your team, fields can be reserved for practice. Scheduled practice times are 1.5 hours: 4:00pm-5:30pm OR 5:30pm-7:00pm OR 7:00pm-8:30pm
Fields do not have to be reserved for practice; everyone is welcome to drop-in and use the fields for practice, if the fields are open for use. However, if a ball field has been prepped, this would indicate that a game is scheduled on that field and we would ask that you not use this field for your practice.
If you have dropped in to a field and another team shows up with a confirmation showing the field is reserved for their team, you must leave the field.
If fields are closed for any reason a "closed" sign will be posted and/or bollards will be in place. Please respect the "closed" sign/bollards and refrain from play on that field so that it can be reopened and ready for play in a timely manner.
In addition, Parks does not typically "officially" close fields leaving it up to coaches to make practice/game time decisions. Some of the following are reasons to cancel:
- Standing Water on the Field(s)
- Fields are Slippery or Unsafe
- Turf Tears Underfoot
- Drought Related Conditions
NOTE: Any party bringing privately owned items onto any City owned park facility, including but not limited to; bases, pitching rubbers, goals, nets, flags or markers, agrees that any items placed and/or left in any City park shall not be in or cause a dangerous condition; the party providing such items assumes all risk of injury to any persons using any privately provided equipment.
Contact Parks at 970-221-6660 with any questions.
For Rainout Information: Teamsideline.com
Diamond Sports Practice Form
Turf Sports Practice Form
2019 Field and Facility Guidelines
2019 Outdoor User Fees
2019 Time Lines
2019 Ballfield List (subject to change)
2019 Turf List (subject to change) Turf Fields are grass; the City does not have any artificial/synthetic fields.
Please Note: Turf and Ballfield lists are subject to change and may be updated throughout the season for various reason.
- Turf fields are prepped for the type of event prior to the first game played on that field.
- Soccer goals are placed on fields (by Club and/or Organization reserving the field for games) prior to their first game on that field.
- Soccer goals are not the property of the Parks Department.
- Teams can set up portable goals (not staked) during practice, but the goals may not be left on site.
- Bases are provided for games only at Community Park ball fields. (Rolland Moore Park, Edora Park, Fossil Creek Park, Lee Martinez Park, Spring Canyon Park, Twin Silo & City Park).
- Ball teams must provide their own bases for games at Neighborhood Park ball fields.
- Ball teams must provide their own bases for practices at ALL ball fields.
- Bases must be compatible with the deadmen; if they are not fitting, do not force.
- If fields are closed for any reason a "closed" sign will be posted and/or bollards will be in place. Please respect the "closed" sign/bollards and refrain from play on that field so that it can be reopened and ready for play in a timely manner.
Sports Turf Field Maps
These maps are all inclusive of where the turf field(s) are located and layed out at the park. They do not reflect availability of the turf field(s).