Linden Street Renovation Project Open House
- David Young, Communications Specialist, 970-221-6882, ZHlvdW5nQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
You’re invited to join City staff at an Open House between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. July 22 at the Art Lab, 239 Linden Street, to learn about the Linden Street Renovation Project.
This project will renovate the section of Linden Street between Jefferson Street and Walnut Street. The Conceptual Design recommends transforming this section of Linden into a “convertible street,” which is a roadway that can be closed to vehicular and bicycle traffic and transformed into a pedestrian gathering space during specialty events.
Project goals include:
- “Bridge the gap” between Old Town Square and the Downtown River District
- Create a flexible space supporting typical roadway uses and a variety of events
- Maintain and support year-round economic vitality along Linden Street
- Provide for sustained stakeholder engagement throughout the project
- Complement the historic context of Linden Street
- Create a world-class experience through thoughtful Urban Design
The overall project budget is $3.5 million, with the design being performed in 2019 and construction planned for 2020. For more information visit fcgov.com/lindenstreet.