Horsetooth & College paving and striping to take place Oct. 20-21
- Dan Woodward, Project Manager, 970-416-4203, ZHdvb2R3YXJkQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
Paving and striping will take place at both the Horsetooth and College, and Horsetooth and Mason intersections Oct. 20-21, as crews transition the intersections to the final traffic configurations. There will be lane closures and significant traffic impacts in the area all day Saturday and Sunday.
Mason Street will also be closed until noon Saturday, Oct. 20 between Horsetooth and the Safeway shopping center entrance for final paving and striping.
In addition, night work will begin on Sunday, Oct. 21 and continue until the project is complete. Night work will take place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The project remains on schedule to be complete in mid-November, with daily lane drops anticipated through then. Work requiring lane drops is typically complete by 3:30 p.m. on weekdays, but may extend into the evening hours on some days.
Motorists are encouraged to slow down through the work areas and avoid distracted driving.
Horsetooth & College Intersection Improvements
The Horsetooth and College intersection is one of the busiest in Fort Collins and is a top-ranked location for safety and operational improvements. Currently the intersection experiences heavy congestion during peak traffic times and a high number of left-turn crashes.
The intersection improvements will continue through 2018, and will include:
- Dual left-turn lanes on College and Horsetooth in all directions
- Northbound and southbound right-turn lanes on College with pedestrian refuge islands
- Improved bicycle and pedestrian facilities on Horsetooth from Mason Street to Mitchell Drive
- Full replacement of the Horsetooth bridge over Larimer Canal No. 2
- Widen existing College bridge over the canal and replace pedestrian bridge
- Landscaped medians and urban design elements to create a warm and friendly intersection
For more information and to sign up for project updates, visitwww.fcgov.com/horsetoothandcollege.