Major Transfort Service Changes Effective May 19, 2014
Show archived press release
Effective Monday, May 19, Transfort begins extensive changes to bus service in Fort Collins. The changes include three new routes, and extended service hours and increased frequencies on several routes. In addition, three routes will no longer be operating, including Route 1 (College Avenue), Route 15 (Downtown – CSU), and Route 17 (Timberline Road). Customers are highly encouraged to view the new routes and schedules and plan their trips carefully. All schedules are posted on Transfort’s website, ridetransfort.com and are available at the Downtown Transit Center, Colorado State University Transit Center and the new South Transit Center, 4915 Fossil Blvd., south of Harmony Road near Fairway Lane and So. College Ave. Schedules and maps are also distributed at key locations throughout the community.
Many of the route changes are designed to provide better connections to the new MAX bus rapid transit service that will replace Route 1 in the Mason/College Corridor. These routes will now have bus stops within short walking distances of MAX stations to help riders make quick and efficient transfers.
Transfort began seeking public feedback on the new routes in May 2013. Citizen input has greatly assisted in making service revisions. Additional information about the changes is available at ridetransfort.com, by visiting a Transit Center, or by calling 970.221.6620.
- Route 10: serves Downtown, City Park and CSU. Service runs Monday – Saturday, every 60 minutes. Operates until 6:30 p.m.
- Route 12: serves Horsetooth Road, from Spring Canyon Community Park to Ziegler Road. Service runs Monday – Saturday, every 30 minutes during peak times, and every 60 minutes during evenings. Operates until 10:30 p.m.
- Route 20: serves areas between the U.S. Post Office and the South Transit Center in southeast Fort Collins along Harmony, JFK Parkway, Troutman and Boardwalk. Service runs Monday – Saturday, every 60 minutes. Operates until 6:30 p.m.
Route Alignment Changes
- Route 5: new service on east Swallow between Lemay and McClelland
- Route 6: new service on west Drake between Taft Hill and Shields
- Route 7: new service on east Drake between Stover and Timberline
- Route 14: new service on east Vine between Frontage road and Timberline
- Route 16: realigned to serve the South Transit Center
- Route 19: new service on Remington between Prospect and Laurel, and realigned to serve the South Transit Center
- Flex Route: realigned to serve the South Transit Center
Extended Evening Hours on Several Routes
- Route 2: serves the CSU campus and West Fort Collins. Last run is at 9:45 p.m.
- Route 6: serves west Fort Collins from the CSU Transit Center to the Foothills Mall. Last run is at 9:45 p.m.
- Route 7: serves CSU campus, Senior Center, Drake Road and Rigden Farm. Last run is at 10:15 p.m.
- Route 8: serves north Fort Collins and Larimer County Department of Human Services. Last run is at 10:22 p.m.
- Route 12: serves Horsetooth Road, from Spring Canyon Park to Ziegler Road. Last run is at 9:47 p.m.
- Route 16: serves Harmony Road from Front Range Community College to Fossil Ridge High School. Last run is at 10:15 p.m.
Increased Frequencies on a Number of Routes
Several routes increase to 30 minute frequencies during peak times: Routes 7 (Drake), 12 (Horsetooth), and 16 (Harmony).
Routes 1 (College Avenue), 15 (Downtown-CSU) and 17 (Timberline Road) are discontinued. Riders will use MAX instead of Routes 1, MAX or Route 10 instead of and 15, and Routes 16 (Harmony), 12 (Horsetooth), 7 (Drake), and 18 (Prospect) together with the MAX instead of Route 17.
New Rider Tools Help Customers Access Real-Time Bus Arrival Information
Transfort is also rolling out numerous new rider technologies that will make accessing Transfort’s bus information and alerts easier than ever. Bus arrival information is available on ridetransfort.com, a mobile app (Ride Transfort) downloadable through the iTunes and Android app stores, an automated phone system (970.221.6620), SMS Texting, and message displays at MAX stations.
Transfort is the City of Fort Collins’ public transportation provider. Transfort offers friendly, safe, convenient bus service in Fort Collins and beyond. MAX Bus Rapid Transit, Dial-A-Ride, FLEX and the Green and Gold routes are all services of Transfort. The system was named “Large Transit System of the Year” at the 2013 Colorado Association of Transit Agencies (CASTA)/Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Fall Transit Conference and Expo. For more information about Transfort services and programs, please visit ridetransfort.com or call 970.221.6620.