Construction to Begin on Plum Street Stormwater Project, Traffic Delays Expected
Show archived press release
- Dean Saye, Special Projects Manager, 970-221-6212, ZHNheWVAZmNnb3YuY29t, Website: www.fcgov.com/plum-street
Infrastructure upgrades on Plum and Shields Streets and City Park Avenue are planned in coordination with The District at Campus West development. Construction for the sanitary and storm drainage system replacement phase of this project will begin Monday, March 17 and continue through June.
Plum Street will be closed starting March 17 with local access to all businesses and residential properties. Construction typically will occur on weekdays, 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m., with possible weekend and night work.
The stormwater improvements will increase capacity and upgrade the system, improving drainage and decreasing the risks for flooding in these areas.
Extensive traffic control and detours for pedestrians, bike riders and drivers on Shields and Plum Streets and City Park Avenue will occur, including:
- Traffic will be reduced to single northbound and southbound lanes on Shields Street. Eastbound access to Plum Street from Shields Street will be significantly restricted throughout the project.
- Plum Street from Aster to Shields Streets will be closed to all traffic. Local access to Plum Street for businesses and residential properties will be directed through City Park Avenue.
- There will be a moving closure from Aster Street to City Park Avenue, local access will be available from Shields Street and City Park Avenue.
- Partial closure of City Park Avenue will occur during the sanitary sewer work.
- Pedestrian and bicycle traffic will be detoured to Elizabeth Street.
Safety for residents, commuters, bike riders, pedestrians, and work crews is a priority. Barricades and fences will be used to clearly mark areas of excavation that will be fenced off at night and on weekends. For your safety, please stay away from these areas and follow all detours.