Laporte Avenue Road and Bridge Improvements Open House
- Dan Woodward, Project Manager, 970-416-4203, ZHdvb2R3YXJkQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
The City of Fort Collins is hosting an open house for the Laporte Avenue Road and Bridge Improvements from 5:30-7:30 p.m., Oct.9 at Irish Elementary, 515 Irish Drive. The project team is looking for community feedback regarding a variety of potential design alternatives prior to advancing the plans.
This project will make improvements to the section of Laporte Avenue between Sunset Street and Fishback Avenue.
Project goals include:
- Safety – Provide and enhance pedestrian and bicycle connections especially in accident-prone locations.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Connections – Create continuous sidewalk connections where only intermittent ones exist. Provide improved bicycle routes with buffered and/or protected bike lanes.
- Bridge Replacements – Replace the two existing older bridges that are functionally obsolete.
- Arterial Roadway Improvements – Provide curb and gutter, drainage and turn lane improvements.
- Community Input – The project team is looking for community feedback regarding a variety of design alternatives prior to advancing the plans.
For more information visit: fcgov.com/engineering/laporte-road-and-bridge-improvements