City to Present on Sunsetting Keep Fort Collins Great Tax
- David Young, Public Relations Coordinator, 970-221-6882, ZHlvdW5nQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
The Keep Fort Collins Great (KFCG) .85% dedicated tax will sunset December 31, 2020. Well in advance of this date, the City wants to engage residents in a conversation on desired level of service and potential funding options while targeting a potential ballot measure in April 2019.
The City Utilizes KFCG dollars to fund numerous programs and basic services. By vote, these dollars support the following services: streets, transportation, police services, Poudre Fire Authority, parks and recreation and other community priorities.
The City is inviting people to attend informational meetings across the City in October to learn more:
- Noon – 1 p.m. Saturday Oct. 6 at the Foothills Activity Center, 241 E. Foothills Parkway
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Thursday Oct. 11, City of Fort Collins City Hall, 300 Laporte Ave. Council Chambers
- 6 -7 p.m. Monday Oct. 15, Harmony Library, 4616 S. Shields Community Room
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday Oct. 20, Carnegie Center for Creativity, 200 Matthews St. Idea Lab, Top Floor
- 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 24, Council Tree Library, 2733 Council Tree Ave. #200 Community Room
- 3 – 4 p.m. Monday Oct. 29, City of Fort Collins Senior Center, 1200 Raintree Drive Sand Lilly Room
City leaders and staff will be on hand to present the history of KFCG and various options moving forward. Fort Collins residents are encouraged to attend and provide feedback.
For more information or to provide feedback online visit ourcity.fcgov.com/kfcg.