FC Bikes hosts second annual Bike Projects Fair Oct. 26
Show archived press release
- Jill Marx, Public Relations Coordinator, 970-221-6951, am1hcnhAZmNnb3YuY29t
- Tessa Greegor, FC Bikes Program Manager, 970-416-2471, dGdyZWVnb3JAZmNnb3YuY29t
The City of Fort Collins’ FC Bikes Program will host its second annual Bike Projects Fair from 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, at the Museum of Discovery, 408 Mason Court in Fort Collins. The fair will feature activities for all ages, including Halloween trick-or-treats, while giving community members an opportunity to learn about and provide input on upcoming bicycle-related projects, programs and related initiatives.
In addition, a local bike mechanic will be there to offer bicycle safety checks, attendees can receive admission to the Museum for just $5, and food trucks will be available to purchase food.
Featured projects and programs include:
- Fort Collins Bike Share
- Hampshire Bikeway Corridor improvements and other low-stress network bikeway projects
- City Plan update
- CSU trail projects
- bike parking at transit stops
- bicycle education initiatives
- Open Streets
- Neighborhood Connections
- City trail and natural area projects
- North College Avenue improvements
- Suniga Drive protected bike lanes
- Nancy Gray trail connection
- Special Event code changes
- Safe Routes to School
- Street Maintenance Program
- College & Horestooth intersection improvements
- Map NoCo initiative
- 2018 protected bike lane pilot project
Visit fcgov.com/fcbikes for more information.
About FC Bikes
The FC Bikes program encourages bicycling as a viable and healthy means of transportation for Fort Collins residents, employees and visitors of all ages and abilities. Through advocacy, programming and planning, the program seeks to increase bicycling while creating and maintaining a bicycle-friendly community atmosphere.
Fort Collins has been designated, by the League of American Bicyclists, a Bicycle Friendly Community since 2003. In the spring of 2016, the city was re-awarded a Platinum designation, joining the ranks of only four other communities in the U.S.: Boulder, Colo., Davis, Calif., Madison, Wis. and Portland, Ore.
More information about FC Bikes can be found at fcgov.com/fcbikes.