Northern Colorado Regional Bus Service (FLEX) to Continue Through 2014 and Beyond
Show archived press release
- Timothy Wilder, Transfort Service Development Manager
- City of Fort Collins
The regional public transportation route (FLEX) serving Fort Collins, Loveland, Berthoud, and Longmont will continue service through 2014, and beyond. FLEX, operated by Transfort, has been connecting Fort Collins and its neighboring communities to the south, with RTD service into the Boulder and Denver metro areas, for three years. The cities of Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont, the Town of Berthoud, and Boulder County, are pleased to announce funding for this service through contributions from each community partner.
FLEX offers a variety of options to maximize convenience and accessibility to communities in Northern Colorado. During peak morning and evening times, an express route serves primary stops between Fort Collins and Longmont. Mid-day, FLEX provides service between Fort Collins and Loveland. FLEX operates Monday- Saturday, and fares are $1.25 per single ride. Discounts are available for seniors and the disabled. CSU students ride free with a valid RamCard, and youth (17 and younger) ride free with a valid student ID.
Kurt Ravenschlag, General Manager of Transfort states, “Transfort is happy to continue this flexible, regional service on behalf of our funding partners. FLEX provides a sustainable option for employees, students, and others needing to travel between the communities of Northern Colorado. Now, more than ever, people are seeking ways to reduce car ownership expenses, and gaining time back in their commute.”
More FLEX Facts
- The regional funding partnership includes City of Fort Collins, City of Loveland, Town of Berthoud, City of Longmont, and Boulder County.
- Passengers may transfer to and from FLEX on to COLT (Loveland) and the Transfort (Fort Collins) systems.
- Passengers pay the RTD fare or use an RTD pass to board the RTD system in Longmont.
- COLT, Transfort and Eco Passes are accepted.
- Learn more about FLEX at www.FLEXNoCo.com or follow FLEX updates on Twitter, @flexnoco.