Garden of Lights set to sparkle Dec. 6
Show archived press release
Whimsical butterflies at Garden of Lights.
Our watering can gets into action at Garden of Lights.
Garden of Lights welcomes all ages. A $2 per person donation is suggested.
FORT COLLINS - November 21, 2013 - The Gardens on Spring Creek, 2145 Centre Avenue, is transformed into a glittering Garden of Lights on December 6 through January 1 from 5:00-9:00 p.m.
Illuminate your holiday spirit by strolling through the whimsically decorated Gardens lit by tens of thousands of twinkling LED lights. Each strand was hand-placed by volunteers and staff to create sparkling scenes that celebrate the magic of our community’s botanical garden and the holiday season. A $2 per person donation is suggested.
Weekends during Garden of Lights will offer visits with Santa, a variety of holiday entertainment from local carolers and musicians, tricks from the Sugar Plum Hairies (canine fairies), cookie decorating for the kids, and the opportunity to enjoy the simple pleasures of the holidays. Hot mulled cider will be offered during the weekends compliments of Whole Foods Market and Savory Spice Shop. The Cupcake Cruiser will also be on site Fridays & Saturdays to tempt your sweet tooth with cupcakes available for purchase.
A holiday gift and plant sale will take place at The Gardens beginning November 29 through the end of the holiday season. Poinsettias, amaryllis, Christmas cactus, cyclamen, succulents, and herb baskets all grown in The Gardens’ greenhouse will be for sale.
Special thanks to the following sponsors who make Garden of Lights possible: City of Fort Collins Fort Fund, Swingle, Cornerstone Home Lending, Fort Collins Coloradoan, Savory Spice Shop, OtterCares Foundation, Bohemian Foundation, Eye Center of Northern Colorado, Fort Collins Utilities, Comcast Spotlight, KUNC 91.5 FM, and Whole Foods Market.
Garden of Lights is open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Dec. 6 through Jan.1, 2014. For complete event details, please visit www.fcgov.com/gardens.
Weekend & Holiday Schedule
Hot mulled cider will be generously provided for free by Whole Foods Market & Savory Spice Shop during weekend festivities. The Cupcake Cruiser will be offering seasonally flavored cupcakes for purchase Friday and Saturday evenings at Garden of Lights.
- Friday, Dec. 6: 5–7 p.m.: Flip the Switch! Mayor Karen Weitkunat and The Gardens’ Volunteer of the Year will flip the switch on Garden of Lights at 5 p.m. Rocky Mountain High School will entertain with holiday carols. Shop the Gardens Gift Shop and annual holiday plant sale—open until 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 7, 6–8 p.m.: Visit with Santa and enjoy the Sugar Plum Hairies (canine fairies performing tricks). Shop the annual holiday plant and gift sale—open until 9 p.m. Poudre High School Jazz Band will entertain.
- Sunday, Dec. 8 & 15: 6–8 p.m.: Visits with Santa, and families can enjoy gingerbread cookie decorating in the classroom.
- Friday, Dec. 13, 6–8 p.m.: The Foothills Madrigal Singers perform holiday favorites. Stuff-n-Mallows will be on site.
- Saturday, Dec. 14: 6–8 p.m.: Visit with Santa and enjoy the Sugar Plum Hairies (canine fairies performing tricks). Choice City Singers entertain.
- Sunday, Dec. 15: 6–8 p.m.: Visits with Santa, and families can enjoy gingerbread cookie decorating in the classroom.
- Friday, Dec. 20: 6–8 p.m.: The SunnySide Singers will entertain with holiday favorites. Stuff-n-Mallows will be on site.
- Saturday, Dec. 21: 6-8 p.m.: Visit with Santa and enjoy the Sugar Plum Hairies (canine fairies performing tricks).
- Sunday, Dec. 22: 6-8 p.m.: Last chance to visit with Santa before he heads back to the North Pole! Cookie decorating for the family indoors.
- Friday, Dec. 27: 6-8 p.m.: Celebrate the magic of the season with Tim Foolery, palm readers, and a fortune teller. Stuff-n-Mallows will be on site.
- Saturday, Dec. 28 6-8 pm: Celebrate the magic of the season with Tim Foolery, palm readers, and a fortune teller. Last chance to visit with the Sugar Plum Hairies (canine fairies) who will host a Pajama Party for kids and parents alike. Wear your cozy jammies and bring a favorite stuffed animal!
- Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day: Garden of Lights will be open from 5-9 p.m. for touring.
# # #
About the Gardens on Spring Creek
The Gardens currently includes a showpiece Plant Select® Demonstration Garden, a Children’s’ Garden, the Garden of Eatin’, a Rock Garden, and the Xeric Parkway Strip. The Gardens supports school and community garden outreach programs in low-income areas; offers a school field trip program and youth summer camps for grade school students; provides year-round educational programs for all ages and interests in horticulture; and hosts several special events. Learn more about our community botanic garden at >fcgov.com/gardens.