It's Your | My | Our City
Welcome to It’s Your|My|Our City, your one-stop-shop for getting involved. We’ve created three categories to help you decide when and how you want to participate. YOUR: education, information, news outlets – find out how your City operates, get project updates and speak directly with employees. MY: culture, expression, entertainment – celebrate what makes Fort Collins unique and creates community. Check out our parks, natural areas and museums and share what you love about Fort Collins. OUR: speak up, volunteer, co-create – discover how to make a difference, voice your opinion and contribute to the future of Fort Collins.
Show and tell what your Fort Collins looks like by using #MyFoCo. Your pictures could be featured on our social media channels, in print communications, or entered to win contests!
- The Lincoln Center
- Natural Areas
- Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Archives & Collections at FCMoD
- Gardens on Spring Creek
- OtterBox Digital Dome Theater at FCMoD
- The Lincoln Center
- Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Gardens on Spring Creek
- Visual Arts Program
Takeover The City's Instagram Stories
Do you want to share your love of Fort Collins? Takeover the City's Instagram Stories.
Each Thursday, we highlight what residents enjoy about Fort Collins on our Instagram Stories and you can too. It's easy! If you're interested email c29jaWFsbWVkaWFAZmNnb3YuY29t to get the full details.
Basic participation needs:
- 1-3 high-quality horizontal images
- 10-15 vertical images with a short description
Become A Recycling Ambassador
If you are a strong recycling advocate and would like to be more engaged in this effort in our community, consider volunteering as a Recycling Ambassador! You can play a vital role in helping our community to "recycle right" at our Timberline Recycling Center. Below, you'll find a description of our volunteer position and what training will be involved.
This unpaid volunteer position (at the new Timberline Recycling Center) will include the following duties:
- Greet and welcome Recyclers
- Answer recycling questions
- Hand out flyers
- If possible and willing, assist (disabled or elderly) Recyclers to unload materials
- No need to "police" Recyclers; however, safety is a #1 priority, so volunteers will report any unsafe conditions to the City
Note: if you are 16 or 17 years of age, a parent will need to sign your application, but will not need to accompany you volunteering.
Education. Information. News.
Access Fort Collins
- Access Fort Collins is the easy way to contact the City with your questions, comments and service requests whenever it is most convenient for you
- CityWorks 101 is an eight-week program that gives residents a behind-the-scenes look at running a city. The course is a unique opportunity for residents to learn more about what services the City provides, and how the City provides them.
- Summer in the City
- This short term summer camp and service learning program is designed specifically for Fort Collins high school students in partnership with Poudre School District. Students can learn about how their City works, the many career paths available and ways to be civically engaged.
- Get updates on the programs and projects you're most interested in.
Culture. Expression. Entertainment.
Art in Public Places
- Art in Public Places is intended to encourage and enhance artistic expression and appreciation and to add value to the Fort Collins community through acquiring and exhibiting art throughout the city.
Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- The museum creates meaningful opportunities to learn, reflect and have fun through hands-on and collections-based explorations in science and culture.
- Fort Collins Natural Areas
- Fort Collins is home to 49 natural areas and over 100 miles of trail for you to explore and treasure.
The Lincoln Center
- The Lincoln Center is one of Colorado’s largest and most divers presenters of professional theatre, dance, music, visual arts and children’s programs.
City of Fort Collins Recreation
- The Recreation Department is your community resource for staying active and connected in the Fort Collins community.
The Gardens on Spring Creek
- The Gardens on Spring Creek is the community botanic garden of Fort Collins. All are invited to visit the display gardens, take a gardening class, enjoy special events and . . . Take Root. Grow. Flourish.
- Rules and Regulations
- This is a subjective contest, and chance plays no part in the determination of winning.
- Contest is open to all residents within Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. (City of Fort Collins employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter)
- Contest begins October 3 at 12:01 a.m. MT and ends October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. MT.
- To enter, share your photo to #FoCoArt via Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. You may also email your entry to bXNtaXRoQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== with subject line "Arts and Humanities Entry". Alternatively, entries can be mailed to: City of Fort Collins, 215 N. Mason St., 3rd Floor CPIO, Fort Collins CO, 80524. Entry must include your full name and contact information. Entry must also include a parent or legal guardian's full name, telephone number and email address if under the age of 18.
- Entry must be received by the City of Fort Collins no later than 11:59 p.m. MT on October 31, 2016 by social media, email or mail. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- The City reserves the right to reject any or all submissions at any time for any reason in the review and selection process.
- Contact and shipping information collected will be used for the purposes of this contest only and will not be used for marketing or other purposes.
- All entries must be entirely created by the entrant.
- Photographs that include logos, copyrighted or trademark images, advertisements or political, commercial, religious or sexual symbols, themes or messages will not be accepted.
- Photographs should be appropriate for a diverse, broad-based audience of all ages.
- Entries will be judged by City of Fort Collins staff based on creativity, composition and subject. Two winners will be determined by the judges at their sole discretion. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects.
- All winners will be selected on or about November 7, 2016. We will contact the potential winners by email on or about November 7, 2016. The name and entry will be posted on the City Website on or about November 10, 2016.
- The prize will be awarded to the winners by Historic Preservation.
- Prize 1: FOUR (4) Fort Collins Museum of Discovery guest passes
- Prize 2: TWO (2) tickets to the national tour of Once at The Lincoln Center
- Prize 3: TWO (2) tickets to any Bas Bleu Theatre Co. show during the 2016/2017 season
- Prize 4: TWO (2) tickets to Fort Collins Children's Theatre's production of Beauty and the Beast
- Non-compliance or return of prize notification as undeliverable, whether by email or telephone, may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative potential winner.
- The City of Fort Collins may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. In the event of insufficient entries for a category, a winner may not be chosen.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes will ship on or about July 20, 2016.
- By participating, Contest entrants represent that they (1) have complied with these Official Contest Rules; (2) have received parental consent (if under 18) and grant the City of Fort Collins the right to use his or her name and likeness, (3) release the City of Fort Collins from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, and (4) agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility/prize acceptance form and publicity release if requested to do so, all without further compensation.
- By participating, Contest entrants further affirm that the City has permission to use the photo in any way related to the project; that the submission is the contest entrant’s original creation, and does not include or copy work that belongs to other people.
- The City of Fort Collins is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, or incomplete/incorrect entries.
- The City of Fort Collins reserves the right to disqualify anyone who attempts to tamper or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of the promotion.
- For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to The City of Fort Collins at the above-address; Attn: CPIO 2016 Arts and Humanities Contest. Please specify which item you are requesting.