Share your Ideas for Our Climate Future
Do you have ideas for how we can achieve community goals for energy, waste, and climate while also making Fort Collins a more equitable, diverse and inclusive place? We want to hear them!
Our Climate Future is the City’s effort to update three environmental plans: Fort Collins’ Energy Policy, Road to Zero Waste Plan and Climate Action Plan. This process centers on co-creating equitable solutions with our community, leveraging collective action to respond to community priorities and achieving goals set forth in the plans – and doing all of this by centering equity and leading with race. By elevating voices of community members who have been historically underrepresented in past planning processes, we are building a more resilient and sustainable future for everyone.
In the coming weeks, share your ideas through an anonymous survey or join a workshop. Each week will focus on 1-2 priorities:
Date Night in the Gardens
- August 10 - August 16: More Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- August 17 - August 23: More Renewable Energy
- August 24 - August 30: Healthy Air Quality & Natural Environment
- August 31 - September 6: More Reuse, Recycling and Composting
Bring your partner, friend or yourself to the Friday date night series
at the Gardens on Spring Creek! Enjoy an intimate, socially-distant dining and musical experience outdoors in the middle of the botanic gardens, with proceeds benefiting the Friends of the Gardens on Spring Creek.
- Friday, August 21 | Friday, August 28 | Friday, September 18 | Friday, September 25
- 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tickets: $65 Gardens Members | $75 Public Non-Members
This re-imagined, first-time event replaces the annual summer fundraiser, Garden A’Fare.COVID-19 Resources
2-1-1 connects Coloradans with human service resources statewide. Visit 211Colorado.org
, dial 2-1-1 or text your Zip Code to 898-211. Do not call 911 for COVID-19 questions unless it is a medical emergency.
2-1-1 provides navigation services in several areas:
- Housing, including shelters and transitional services
- Rent and utility assistance
- SNAP benefits
- Clothing/personal/household needs
- Mental health and substance use disorders
- Medical & dental clinics
- Other government/economic services
2-1-1 Resource Navigators help by phone Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and are able to translate over 170 languages. Coloradans can also reach 2-1-1 toll-free by dialing 866-760-6489.