The 2022 City Manager’s Recommended Budget will be published and posted online in early September. It is the budget proposed by City staff, informed by community input and the 2020 Strategic Plan, that outlines which services to maintain, increase or decrease in 2022.
Through the next couple of months, City Council will review and revise the budget, before its final adoption in November.
Generally, the City creates a biennial budget every two years. Due to the economic uncertainty related to COVID-19, the City created a one-year budget for 2021 and is doing the same for 2022.
There are several upcoming opportunities to help shape the City budget:
- Visit fcgov.com/2022budget to learn more and share your thoughts on what is and is not included in the Recommended Budget.
- Attend an online budget forum to dive deeper into funding recommendations within specific areas:
- Budget Forum #1: Sept. 2, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Outcome Areas: Neighborhood Livability & Social Health | Environmental Health
- Budget Forum #2: Sept. 8, 4-5 p.m.
- Outcome Areas: Safe Community | Transportation & Mobility
- Budget Forum #3 :Sept. 9, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Outcome Areas: Economic Health | Culture & Recreation | High Performing Government
- Plan to participate in the City Council Budget Hearings on Sept. 21 and Oct. 5.
More opportunities will be available throughout the fall. Visit ourcity.fcgov.com/2022budget for the latest.