As we start to recover from the pandemic, our community is faced with a very tight job market which is causing many businesses to review their hiring practices and entice candidates with higher wages.
If you’re struggling to fill positions make sure you have the most up-to-date wage information. Right now, construction wages are changing in Northern Colorado….
- Concrete Finisher: $21.99/h
- Equipment Operator: $26.70/h
- Construction Laborer: $17.99/h
Wage for Most Experienced Workers:
- Concrete Finisher: $32.93/h
- Equipment Operator: $34.47/h
- Construction Laborer: $24.68/h
Interesting Fact: The median advertised salary in job postings in Larimer County for Construction occupations is $18.03/hr. This is actually $2.00/hr LESS than what the median advertised salary was in June 2020. Returning to 2020 wages may make your job more competitive.
Also, make sure to highlight the benefits of the position in job postings and in interviews. Construction positions offer…
- Job security. Always more projects to work on.
- Stay physically active.
- Career growth. Great opportunities to learn and earn more.
- Variety. Many career pathways.
- Lots of entry level opportunities.
Don’t assume a candidate knows what it’s like to work for your business. Promote your health, vacation, and retirement benefits, your continuing education assistance and tool purchasing programs, as well as your team oriented culture.
Get connected, Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development can help you hire the best people.