LARIMER COUNTY, CO. – December 23, 2020 – Larimer County’s “5 Star” certified business variance program, locally known as the Level Up Program was approved by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) Office at 12:47 p.m. on December 23, 2020. Businesses in Larimer County can now apply and upon approval, inspection, and certification, operate at the capacities one level above the overall county position. The 5 Star State Certification Program enables businesses that meet enhanced safety guidelines in qualifying counties to open at greater capacity. At this time, Larimer County is in level red, so Level Up certified businesses may open at level orange capacity levels on the dial.
Application Process for the voluntary Level Up Program:
- Complete the online application at https://www.larimer.org/health/communicable-disease/coronavirus-covid-19/level-program
- This application asks for A COVID-19 Prevention Plan and Outbreak Plan for each business and/or business location is required
- The LCDHE will review applications and initiate inspections
- Level Up Administrative Committee reviews and certifies the business contingent upon a successful on-site inspection
- On-site inspection and certification by Public Health Representative
- Please Note: LCDHE will make every effort to review applications and inspect facilities but likely won’t get through them all before the holidays. LCDHE will begin reviewing and scheduling inspections again on the Monday, December 28.
It is important to note that the Level Up Program is contingent upon keeping Larimer County COVID-19 numbers at a two-week sustained decline in cases, positivity percentage and hospitalizations. The community is being asked to continue to do its part and help #KeepNoCoOpen. Please read the full Press Release here.