Things to Know & Events
- Energize Colorado Round 2 Applications will close October 26. Sole proprietors, businesses and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees can apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance.
- New Simpler Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Forgiveness Application for Loans of $50,000 or less. The Small Business Administration (SBA) began approving PPP forgiveness on October 2.
- Click here to view the simpler loan forgiveness application.
- Click here to view the instructions for completing the simpler loan forgiveness application.
- Click here to view the Interim Final Rule on the simpler forgiveness process for loans of $50,000 or less.
- City of Fort Collins Utility CARES Act Assistance - Small business customers may request financial assistance totaling $1,200 or less for past-due Fort Collins Utilities bills dated May 1 or later (electric, water, stormwater and wastewater services).
- Telework Survey - The pandemic has resulted in many jobs moving to teleworking or remote work. The City is hoping to gather feedback from businesses and organizations on their current telework policies as well as gauge interest in willingness to shift to telework in the future. Please click here to access a short survey. Your responses will help us create teleworking resources. Please complete the survey by Friday, October 16.
- COVID-19 Case Numbers are Rising in Larimer County Which May Impact Your Business. Chat with Larimer’s Health Department
- All businesses are invited to join us on Thursday, October 22, at 2:00 pm via Zoom. To help make this session as informative and helpful as possible, please submit your questions in advance.
- Still Pivoting to Define Your Business’s Success in the New Normal? Upcoming SBDC virtual or in person classes can help support 4th quarter business pivots.
Take Your Small Business Global - Colorado’s State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) grant program helps small businesses offset the cost of doing business internationally. The Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade will host a Zoom presentation, including Q&A, specifically for Northern Colorado small businesses that want to take their business global using a STEP Grant on October 28 at 1 p.m. Register here.