April 2, 2019 Regular Election
The Candidate Guidelines are intended to provide candidates for municipal office general information about the basic requirements of running for municipal office at the next regular municipal election in April of odd-numbered years..
Questions regarding the Candidate Guidelines or requirements of running for municipal office should be addressed to Rita Knoll, Chief Deputy City Clerk, at cmtub2xsQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== or by calling 970.221.6516.
- Candidate Affidavit
- Committee Registration Form
- Nomination Petition Form - Cannot circulate until 70 days before the election. Must be printed in color.
- Financial Disclosure Statement - First filing due at the same time as filing an acceptance of nomination.
Campaign Reporting Forms (May now be filed electronically -- see Note below)
- 35 day pre-election report (covering from date of committee registration through February 24)
- 21 day pre-election report (covering February 25 through March 10)
- 14 day pre-election report (covering March 11 through March 17)
- Friday before election report (covering March 18 through March 27)
- 35 day post-election report (covering March 28 through May 5)
- 70 day post-election report (covering May 6 through June 9)
- Annual report
- Termination Report
NOTE: Campaign Finance Reporting Forms may now be filed electronically by emailing a pdf file or Excel file to Rita Knoll, Chief Deputy City Clerk, at cmtub2xsQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==, and are considered timely if filed no later than midnight Mountain Standard Time on the date due. Reports filed in paper format are considered timely if filed by the close of business on the date due. Regardless of the method of filing, the report due the Friday before the election is due at noon Mountain Standard Time.