Event/Meeting Rental Rates and Guidelines
The Carnegie Center for Creativity (CCC) is owned and operated by the City of Fort Collins, managed through the Lincoln Center. The CCC offers public gallery and performance spaces that are available to rent for exhibition, performance and presentation purposes. The CCC recognizes and promotes the synergistic and complementary aspects of a space that is shared by artists from various disciplines. Building tenants, clients and staff should be creative in capitalizing on this synergy and accommodating the logistical needs of multiple artists sharing a common space.
The CCC’s public gallery and performance spaces are intended primarily for use by individual artists to showcase their work and talent to the public. It is assumed that the attraction of the CCC as an event and meeting venue is the artistic and cultural environment of the art gallery. Event and meeting rentals are available and considered as a secondary use of the space. Existing art installations may not be covered, disturbed or altered for the purposes of an event or meeting rental.
All events and meetings are considered to be "self-service," meaning that all aspects of the event, including equipment and furniture rentals, set-up and clean-up, and event management are the responsibility of the rental client. The City does not provide any event services at the CCC.
Fees, Reservation And Cancellation Policies
Three separate areas are available for event and meeting rentals.
The Gallery is an indoor space on the Main Floor approximately 2,250 s.f. that is available for rent on a weekly basis by area artists to display their art. The Gallery is also available to rent for a private or public event and may occur concurrently with an art installation. The Gallery floor has a capacity of 150 people. Existing art installations may not be covered, disturbed or altered for the purposes of an Event Rental.
The Heritage Courtyard at the CCC is also available for event rentals. Four historic structures – three cabins and a schoolhouse – reside in the outdoor Heritage Courtyard, including "Auntie" Stone's cabin, the oldest cabin in the Fort Collins area. These structures are accessible for events only with permission from the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery. The Courtyard is beautifully landscaped at the edge of Library Park and is appropriate for daytime events.
The Idea Lab is an indoor space on the Mezzanine Level approximately 1100 s.f. that is available to rent for a private or public event or meeting. The Idea Lab has a capacity of 49 people and is furnished with several tables of various sizes, chairs, white boards and a projection screen.
Event Rates and Fees (Gallery and Heritage Courtyard rentals)
- $95/hour ($85/hour for 501 C(3) non-profit organizations) for each space.
- Hourly Event Rentals require a 4-hour minimum rental
- Cleaning Fee: $50
- Staff Fee: $15/hour/staff
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $100
- Professional security staff may be required at the CCC staff’s discretion, charged to the client
Meeting Rates and Fees (Idea Lab rentals)
- Hourly Meeting Rentals require a 2-hour minimum rental
- $40/hour for each space.
- Staff Fee: $15/hour/staff outside of public building hours.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $100
- Hourly rental fees are charged by the full hour, and include the appropriate cleaning fee, staffing fee (number of staff is determined by CCC staff), and a refundable Damage Deposit.
- The Gallery floor is open to the public Wednesdays through Saturdays, 12-6 p.m. Events may be scheduled Wednesdays-Saturdays only, 6-10 p.m. in the Gallery. Event set up may occur during business hours beginning one (1) hour prior to closing. This will be charged as part of the rental time. Event cleanup is the responsibility of the Applicant and must be completed by the end of the rental period. If the rental time is exceeded, hourly fees will be charged.
- The Idea Lab and Heritage Courtyard may be rented during public gallery hours and must not impede the public’s access to the Gallery floor.
- Reservations are accepted up to six months in advance
- Completion of the Rental Application does not constitute reservation of the requested rental space. Full payment of rental fees, cleaning fee, staff fee, damage deposits and a signed contract are required to reserve the space. Reservations will be confirmed by CCC Staff upon full completion of all requirements.
- The Renter is responsible for cleaning the rented space and leaving it in the condition in that it was found by the close of the rental period. The Damage Deposit will be returned upon inspection of the rented space and confirmation that no damage was sustained and no further cleaning is required. The costs for any required repairs and/or cleaning deemed necessary by CCC Staff and caused by the actions of the Renter or his/her employees, volunteers or agents will be subtracted from the Damage Deposit. The Renter will be billed for any additional required repairs and/or cleaning deemed necessary above the $100 Damage Deposit.
- A full refund will be granted for cancellations by the Renter up to 90 days in advance of the Rental Period. A refund will be granted for cancellations fewer than 90 days in advance of the Rental Period only if the City is able to rent the space to another party, but the City is under no obligation to do so. The City reserves the right to cancel the Rental Agreement at any time up to 30 days in advance of the Rental Period. In the event of such a cancellation by the City, the City will issue the Renter a full refund.
Building capacity limitations (noted above) will be strictly enforced.
Event Planning & Management
The CCC staff will not provide any event planning or management services. This is the responsibility of the renter and must be done in accordance with all the conditions of this document.
Receptions - Food and Beverage Service; Decorations
All events must be of an informal or "cocktail" reception style with food limited to appetizers. Banquets, buffets, and seated meals are not permitted. Placement of all reception furniture and equipment must not disturb existing artwork or displays.
The CCC does not supply other furniture, equipment or table service of any kind. All serving equipment, furniture and supplies must be furnished by the Renter and is subject to approval by the CCC Staff. All furniture and equipment must be set up and removed by the Renter within the rental period.
Alcohol may be provided only at private parties that are "by invitation only." Alcohol cannot be sold, only served at no charge to guests over the age of 21 by a TIPS trained bartender. Documentation in the form of a caterer’s contract, with provision for alcohol service or copy of the TIPs card and driver’s license must be provided at the time of event set-up. Service of alcohol requires the Renter to sign a separate rider to be attached to the Rental Agreement. If the Renter does not have liquor liability insurance as required by the City, the Lincoln Center is able to provide insurance at a cost of $150 - $300 depending on the attendance at the event.
All catering must be performed by a CCC Approved Vendor, or the caterer of your choice may apply to become an Approved Vendor for the facility. Approval of vendors is at the CCC’s discretion.
The CCC allows only commercially prepared and packaged snacks (such as grocer-prepared deli trays) for events without a caterer.
The following furniture is available with the rental of the CCC:
- 4 8’ rectangular folding tables
- 2 6’ rectangular folding tables
- 10 4’ round tables (bar and regular height) in the Idea Lab
- 50 chairs (several different styles)
Please consider using re-usable or recyclable serviceware.
Use of glitter, rice, confetti, and bird seed in the facility or on the grounds is prohibited, and extraordinary housekeeping charges will be assessed if used.
Only candles with an enclosed flame or simulated candles are permitted.
No decorations, signs, posters or displays may be taped, nailed, stapled, tacked, or otherwise affixed to any facility surface, facility equipment or artworks.
Safety And Security
Fire safety requirements
All fire extinguisher cabinets, fire alarm pull stations and emergency exits (including those inside an event or exhibit space) must be visible and accessible at all times. All main and cross aisles, corridors, stairways and other exits must be maintained at their required width during event hours. All aisles must be at least 36” and free of chairs, tables and other miscellaneous equipment. Materials used in the construction of sets and displays must be fire retardant and/or resistant and are subject to approval by CCC Staff.
In the event of a serious emergency (Fire, Police, Medical), immediately notify CCC Staff and/or call 911. The operator answering your call will follow up with the appropriate emergency services agent.
If for any reason evacuation of the facility becomes necessary, please exit quickly but calmly following the directions of the CCC Staff in your area. If possible, take staff and attendees lists and proceed as directed by CCC Staff.
Building Use Policies
The Building is open to the public Wednesdays through Saturdays, noon to 6 p.m. Event rentals may occur Wednesdays through Saturdays, 6 p.m.- 10 p.m. and the building will close at 11 p.m. Rentals can be scheduled before or after normal hours at the discretion of the CCC Staff.
Free “on street” diagonal parking is available around the building. Please note there are some time limits on parking spaces.
Smoking is not permitted in the CCC facility or on the CCC grounds. We ask for your cooperation in preventing litter, inconvenience, health hazards for others and informing production personnel, performers, invited guests and others about this policy.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The CCC makes every effort to accommodate staff and patrons with disabilities and adhere to all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This facility is equipped with a wheelchair ramp at the east Lower Level entrance of the building, and an elevator to the Gallery level. There are accessible restrooms on the Lower Level. If you have concerns about the efforts to serve people with disabilities, please contact the Lincoln Center Administration Office at 970-221-6733.
The CCC is committed to treating all staff, clients, guests, performers, and suppliers with dignity and respect. The CCC’s goal is to create an environment free from any form of harassment, discrimination or violence.