Dear ClimateWise Partners,
Thank you for your continued support and participation in ClimateWise over the last 20 years. It's truly inspiring to see all the great work that's being done in our community and your ongoing commitment to our environment! Together we have eliminated more than 1.4 million metric tons of CO2e and saved over $94 million.
The Future of ClimateWise: After careful evaluation of City of Fort Collins resources and feedback from the business community during Our Climate Future Phase I, the decision has been made to end the current ClimateWise model and come together with the people of our community, to reimagine how the City provides sustainability support for businesses in the future.
Our focus for the remainder of the year will be celebrating each and every one of you, the heart of this award-winning program. We also are creating a plan to recognize business accomplishments in 2019 and since the inception of the program. Staff will continue engaging with businesses this year by hosting Our Climate Future Phase II sessions to gather additional feedback in an effort to develop a future plan for how the City supports the business community’s needs and goals including profit, economic growth and financial sustainability.
Our Climate Future Feedback
Thank you to all who participated in Our Climate Future Phase I sessions in 2019-2020! We received valuable feedback about the future needs of businesses and the following are key highlights we heard regarding the question, “What does a sustainable Fort Collins looks like?”
- Energy efficiency/clean energy
- Profit, economic growth and financial sustainability
- Waste reduction, recycling, composting and zero-waste
The top three barriers identified by businesses attaining “a sustainable Fort Collins” include:
- Lack of employer, company, stockholder and community buy-in
- Lack of knowledge of or access to resources needed for sustainable operations
Next Steps for Businesses
We encourage Partners to participate in the following programs:
- Our Climate Future, Phase II community engagement
- City programs, including Efficiency Works Business, FC Moves, Waste Reduction and Recycling, Social Sustainability
- Sign up for the My Water tool to receive detailed water use information, notifications and leak alerts (for qualifying Partners)
- Horsetooth Outlet Project (HOP) by conserving water this fall. Learn more at fcgov.com/HOP.
As always, Utilities’ Customer Accounts and the City’s Economic Health office are here to serve you and your current business needs, especially as we transition through COVID. For relevant information for your business during COVID-19, visit fcgov.com/business or contact VXRpbGl0aWVzQ3VzdG9tZXJBY2NvdW50c0BmY2dvdi5jb20=.
Thanks again for your continued support and commitment – please watch for more updates on how we will continue to recognize you, our ClimateWise Partners.
The ClimateWise Team
ClimateWise is a free, voluntary program that offers simple solutions to help Fort Collins Businesses reduce their impact, save money and gain recognition for their achievements in energy and water conservation, waste reduction, alternative transportation and social responsibility.
Meet our ClimateWise Partners and see their most recent accomplishments in the program.
2018 ClimateWise Partner Results