Our Commitment: Online Giving
The City of Fort Collins understands the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information, especially in today’s increasingly electronic environment. We respect and protect the privacy of our donors and adhere to the following guidelines.
- Information about your donation is handled with respect and confidentiality.
- The City of Fort Collins does not exchange, lend, rent or sell our donor lists to third-party
- Your credit card information is not stored or saved.
- The personal information you provide when making an online donation or registering for an
event will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third parties.
- Donations made online are done so through a secure connection where your information
is encrypted. The secure connection is maintained until the transaction is completed
- City staff are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than to carry out
the mission and purpose of your gift.
- Charitable gifts will only be used in the manner in which you identify, and cannot be
redirected by elected officials or senior leadership
The City of Fort Collins accepts charitable gifts from American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. All gifts made with a credit card are subject to a fee of 2.9% to offset the credit card banking charges. The credit card fee will be deducted from the fund to which you are contributing. However, the full amount of your gift made online is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Once you submit your gift, an electronic charitable receipt will be sent to the email address you provide on the donation form. If you have any questions, please contact Nina Bodenhamer at 970-221-6687 or bmJvZGVuaGFtZXJAZmNnb3YuY29t