Due to COVID-19, Boards and Commissions are allowed and encouraged to hold meetings remotely via ZOOM. Please see the posted agenda for meeting details.
3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. | View meeting schedule
Meeting Location is 117 N. Mason, Civic Center Conference Room (East Entrance). Please confirm meeting location based on the posted agenda.
The Commission is created for the purpose of enhancing the status of and opportunities for all women in the City. The Commission shall have the ability to:
- Document issues of importance to the status of women in the City;
- Conduct educational programs in the Fort Collins community to increase public awareness and sensitivity to the needs and capabilities of all women;
- Cooperate with other organizations and individuals interested in issues affecting women in the Fort Collins area;
- Review proposed legislation, policy changes or other governmental action at the federal, state or local level that would enhance or otherwise affect the status of women in the City and make recommendations to the City Council regarding the same; and
- Recommend to the City Council the adoption of local legislation or policies that would enhance the status of women in the City.
The Time commitment is 5-8 hours/month
Interested in applying?