Natural Resources Advisory Board#
Due to COVID-19, Boards and Commissions are allowed and encouraged to hold meetings remotely via ZOOM. Please see the posted agenda for meeting details.
3rd Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. | View meeting schedule
Meeting Location is 222 Laporte Avenue, Colorado River Room (Please confirm meeting location based on the posted agenda).
The Natural Resources Advisory Board shall have the following functions:
- To advise the City Council on all matters pertaining to the sustainability of the City's natural resources including waste reduction and recycling, water resources, energy/climate action, and multi-modal transportation. (NOTE that matters specific to the City's Natural Areas Program are generally handled by the Land Conservation and Stewardship Board);
- To analyze various natural resources issues and to guide the development of city-wide natural resources programs to address existing and potential natural resources issues;
- To promote citizen participation and public education in city-wide natural resources issues;
- To coordinate with and provide input to city-sponsored technical advisory committees;
- To perform such other duties and functions and have such other powers as provided by the City Council.
- Staffing support provided by Environmental Services Department (970-221-6600).
Recommended Qualifications are an interest and background in environmental stewardship for the Fort Collins community.
To serve on the board the time commitment is 6 to 8 hours/month