Land Conservation & Stewardship Board
The duties and functions of the Board shall be as follows:
- To advise City Council regarding policy and budgetary matters pertaining to the Natural Areas Department, including but not limited to the expenditure of Open Space, Yes! and Larimer County Help Preserve Open Space dedicated sales tax revenues.
- To advise Natural Areas Department staff and the City Council in connection with the proposed acquisition or disposition of land, interests in land, interests in water, and other interests in real property for the Natural Areas Department.
- To advise Natural Areas Department staff regarding the development of management plans and public improvements for Natural Areas Department properties.
- Upon request of the City Manager or at the direction of the City Council, to advise City Council regarding any positive or negative impacts that particular plans or projects of the City or of other public or private entities may have on Natural Areas Department properties or properties that may be of interest to the Natural Areas Department. This provision shall not apply to development projects for which applications have been submitted to the City for approval under the Land Use Code.
- Upon request of the City Manager or at the direction of the City Council, to advise City Council in connection with the proposed acquisition or disposition of land, interests in land, interests in water and other interests in real property for City programs other than the Natural Areas Department.
Interested in applying?
In making appointments to the Board, the City Council may consider and give preference to an applicant's experience or training in, or familiarity with, land conservation and stewardship, public or outdoor recreation (such as wildlife observation, hiking, biking, or horseback riding), conservation biology (including restoration ecology, range management, fire ecology, riparian ecology, and wildlife management); nature interpretation and education, land or resource management, and real property transactions.
PLEASE NOTE: A SPECIAL JOINT WORK SESSION WITH WATER BOARD, ENERGY BOARD, NATURAL RESOURCES ADVISORY BOARD, AND LAND CONSERVATION AND STEWARDSHIP BOARD HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2018 AT 5:30 P.M. AT NORTHSIDE AZTLAN CENTER
2nd Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. | View meeting schedule
Nix Farm, 1745 Hoffman Mill Road
December 31, 2018 - Marcia Patton-Mallory and Mike Weber
December 31, 2019 - Joe Piesman and Vicky McLane
December 31, 2020 - Ed Reifsnyder and Andrea Elson
December 31, 2021 - Kelly Ohlson, Raymond Watts, and David Tweedale