Fort Collins Main Street Loan Program
A $1 Million Loan Pool Available to Fort Collins Based Businesses
The Fort Collins Main Street loan program is a subset of the Colorado Main Street loan program created in partnership between Colorado Lending Source and the City of Fort Collins. Like the Colorado Main Street loan program, it is a character-based financing option available to small businesses who are unable to secure traditional financing to start or grow their business. Loans range from $5,000 to $50,000 and can be used for a variety of business purposes.
Can't get a bank loan? Find out if you are eligible to receive a Fort Collins Main Street loan by reviewing the criteria below.
- Must be located in the City of Fort Collins Growth Management Area Map (see below)
- The business must be small with less than 100 employees
- At least 51% of the business must be owned by a U.S. citizen or legal, permanent resident
- Eligible business structures include sole proprietors, partnerships, LLC's, corporations, co-op's, and employee-owned firms.
Qualified borrowers can us Fort Collins Main Street loan funds for:
- Start-up expenses
- Working capital
- Purchasing equipment, furniture, fixtures, inventory, vehicles (necessary to the operation of the business), leasehold improvements
- Buying a business or franchise
- Business debt refinancing
Fort Collins loan funds are fully amortizing eight year term loans with a fixed interest rate at the Wall Street Journal Prime interest rate + 4.00%. (Interest rates will never be higher than 8.75%)
Current Wall Street Journal Prime interest rate: 5.00%
There are no upfront application or closing fees. A 2% loan origination fee will be deducted from loan proceeds only if your application is successfully funded. There are other minor filing, recording, wire transfer, etc., expenses reimbursed at cost from funding proceeds as well, which will be disclosed in your loan commitment letter, but you will NOT have to bring any funds to the loan closing table.
- Submit your business plan along with either financial projections (if start-up) or balance sheet and profit and loss (if existing) to: cHJlYXBwbGljYXRpb25AY29sb3JhZG9sZW5kaW5nc291cmNlLm9yZw==
- If eligible, we will invite you to complete a full application and send in by mail, in person, or email to: c3VibWl0bWFpbnN0cmVldEBjb2xvcmFkb2xlbmRpbmdzb3VyY2Uub3Jn
- Once application is submitted, you will be invited to give a 10-15 minute presentation to Colorado Lending Source's internal loan review committee