Posted on: Sep-13-2013
Please Note:This press release is over 180 days old and may contain inaccurate information
All City offices and facilities are closed due to significantly worsening conditions. Travel throughout the city is limited and citizens are encouraged to shelter in place. Just as a reminder, the evacuations and road closures are as follows:
• Evacuations for the north neighborhoods can go to the City’s Streets Building on Vine and Lemay. Buses are staged to take evacuees to the Timberline Church.
• Poudre River flows through City of Fort Collins are about 10,000 cfs and expected to climb, evacuations are in progress for north College Ave. and Vine Dr. to north College
Ave. and Conifer St.
• Due to flooding on the Poudre River, City residents in Andersonville, Alta Vista and Buckingham neighborhoods are strongly urged to evacuate. Temporary shelter is available at Timberline Church, 2908 S. Timberline Rd. (just south of Drake Road on Timberline Road).
• The following ten bridges are closed:
o Overland Trail
o Taft Hill Road
o Shields Street
o College Avenue
o Linden Street
o Lincoln Avenue
o Mulberry Road
o Lemay Avenue
o Timberline Road
o Prospect Road
• The City of Fort Collins Utilities is aware of the following closures; Poudre School District Front Range Community College and Colorado State University.
• The President of the United States and the Governor’s office has declared a disaster area for Northern Colorado. An emergency declaration has been signed by the City Manager and sent to the Governor’s office.
Travel is discouraged. Do not attempt to drive through floodwaters. Traffic and bus routes will be impacted.