ADA Title II
Transfort is committed to complying with all Federal Americans with Disabilities (ADA) regulations as well as the State of Colorado accessibility requirements. In 1990, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was passed by Congress and signed into law. This civil rights legislation entitles, among other requirements, persons with disabilities equal opportunity to participate in society. As such, public transportation agencies, like Transfort, are required by law to provide the necessary ADA-compliant equipment and accommodations.
Transfort/Dial-A-Ride is committed to ensuring that no individual is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of its programs, activities or services, or subject to discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin as per the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Toward this end, Transfort/Dial-A-Ride's departments and employees are responsible for carrying out the commitment to non-discrimination including the requirements of Title VI. This includes the following:
- To ensure that the level and quality of transportation services are provided to all;
- To promote full and fair participation in transportation decision making;
- To ensure meaningful access to Transfort/Dial-A-Ride's programs and activities by persons with limited English Proficiency;
- To identify and address, as appropriate the human health, social, economic and environmental effects of Transfort/Dial-A-Ride's programs and activities on all populations.
Filing a Complaint
For additional information on Transfort's non-discrimination obligations, or if you believe you have been subjected to discrimination under Title VI or ADA Title II and would like to file a written complaint with Transfort management, contact:
6570 Portner Road
Fort Collins CO 80525
- CSU Transit Center (CTC)- North end of Lory Student Center at CSU
- Downtown Transit Center (DTC)- N. Mason Street, between Laporte & Maple